Property markets continued to build on the recovery from Q3 as economies across the region gained momentum.
Most property markets in the Asia Pacific region ended a challenging year on the path to recovery, thanks to strong performances by the office, industrial and logistics segments.
Regional trends and report highlights for Asia Pacific:
- The South Korea property market was buoyed by the office segment, with the sale of Parc1 Tower II office building being the largest single transaction of the year
- Taiwan's management of COVID-19 aids markets, with commercial transaction volumes for 2020 reaching TWD143 billion (US$4.9 billion), the highest on record
- Activity ramps up in Singapore, amid renewed confidence among investors and developers
- India sees strong recovery across asset classes, with two large transactions in the office sector of over US$1 billion each
- E-commerce powers China markets with the online industry accounting for 88% of RMB6.5 billion (US$1 billion) transaction volumes in Beijing
- Economic rebound boosts investor confidence in Australia and New Zealand