An in-depth exploration of investor sentiment, strategies and the forces set to shape global real estate markets in 2021.
Our findings draw on two main sources: A comprehensive global survey of real estate investors, and interviews with Colliers Capital Market leaders.
Colliers anticipates a 50% surge in global investment activity in 2021 as global real estate markets rebound. Furthermore, the survey results indicate that 98% of investors across all regions aim to expand their portfolios this year, with approximately 60% looking to expand by more than 10%.
Key findings from APAC investors surveyed include:
- Sydney is the no. 1 location to invest in during 2021
- 74% of investors believe ESG will be a strong factor in their investments decisions in 2021
- Office, Logistic/Industrial and Data Centres are the top 3 assets investors are most likely to invest in during 2021
- 55% of investors expect to be net buyers in 2021
- 41% of investors expect to be stable in 2021