Mikel Echavarren is CEO of Colliers International Spain. He was President and CEO of irea since its foundation in 2002 until March 2018, when irea joined Colliers International. Prior to joining irea, Mikel was a partner in the Spain and Portugal real estate corporate finance division of Arthur Andersen.
With over 30 years of experience in the real estate sector, he is an expert in strategic planning for real estate groups and in complex mortgage debt portfolio, real estate company and property transactions. He has managed financial restructurings involving over €8,000 million worth of debt belonging to real estate, construction and services companies.
Mikel is currently the President of Asprima’s Relations Committee with Financial Institutions and Sareb, Honorary Member of the RE Circle, Member of the Land Economics Society, Advisory Board Member of the real estate publication Andalucía Inmobiliaria and IE Business School Real Estate Club.
Mikel Echavarren has been awarded as “Professional of the year 2018” by ASPRIMA-SIMA. ASPRIMA- SIMA Awards are the most prestigious awards in the Real Estate industry in Spain.
Memberships & Involvements
- MRICS – real estate strategy
- Professor of Real Estate Company Management Master’s Course at the IE Business School
- Professor of the MIP Real Estate Masters “Asset, Property & Real Estate Management " organised by the Madrid Building School (founded by Madrid’s Official School of Quantity Surveyors and Technical Architects - COAATM)
- Member of the Real Estate Division of the Madrid Official Architects Association (COAM)
- Author of the book “From the Real Estate Market to the Real Estate Industry ”(2012, Pub. Libros de Cabecera)
- Opinion leader on the real estate sector across various media
- Regular speaker at real estate forums and events
Oaktree - Mahou - Dragados - Bank of America Merrill Lynch – Sareb – Bankia – Apollo –Telefónica – Correos – Grupo Inmobiliario Bancaja – Pryconsa – Ministerio de Defensa – Cerberus – DE Shaw