Building Technician | REMS Hungary
I started his professional carrier in the construction sector as site engineer of Rákóczi-bridge construction on Danube in Budapest. I joined EC Harris as project manager in 1996, associate partner from 2000. During the EC Harris years I was dealing with a wide range of turn-key development projects, pre-acquisition audits and dispute resolution appointments. Clients were SAB, Tesco and AIG Lincoln.
I joined Tesco’s team as head of maintenance services for Hungary in 2003. My mission was re-structuring Tesco Hungary’s technical operation regime and setting up a professional service team of employees and suppliers providing a robust “background” of retail. It also included building up and bringing into play a maintenance call center, receiving all requests from the stores and issuing all purchase orders to service partners as well as introduction of computer aided service management and administration.
Completing the Tesco mission successfully, I wanted turning back to real estate projects. I joined the Polish developer, Echo Investment in 2007 and changed for WING in the Autumn of 2008. At WING, I was responsible for preparation of large value project such as refurbishment of Buda Palota (ex Postapalota, 25,000 m2 GLA registered office building, Budapest 12), V17 (20,000 m2 GLA new office building, Budapest 13.) and Duna Passage (15 ha river-front development area, Budapest 9).
Project preparation / Development advisory
- Duna Passage –15 ha development area, 140,000 m2 office space plus 1,000+ apartments, Budapest 9
- Duna Palota / Postapalota – 25,000 m2 GLA heritage protected office building, Budapest 12
- Tesco Megapark – 82 ha development area, Budapest 20
- Andrássy Palace – unique refurbishment of 4,000 m2 GLA a heritage protected office building, Budapest 6
- Honvéd Center – refurbishment of a 3,200 m2 GLA heritage protected office building, Budapest 5
- Traffic-safety video surveillance of M5 motorway – 178 km, 100+ cameras, automated video analytics, Hungary
- Development of Tesco hypermarkets and various industrial „big boxes”
- heading up Tesco’ technical operation in Hungary – direct responsibility for a team of 10 engineers, 8 call center agents and 200 in-store technicians plus a budget over 12 MEUR/p.a
- FM audit of WING’s office portfolio
- property management of IVG Infopark office buildings
- facility management of Fehér Palota shopping centre, 12,000 m2 GLA, Székesfehérvár
- MBA – Budapest University of Technology and Economics (spec: management and finance)
- MSc. Civil Engineer – Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Supervisor Engineer – Szent István University (spec: building works, engineering works)
- FIDIC engineer