Market leading absorption yet again in Northeast Atlanta
Key Northeast Industrial Atlanta Submarket Trends
- Northeast Atlanta leads Atlanta market in space absorption for
second consecutive quarter.
- Vacancy reaches yet another record low at 4.5%.
- Industrial construction in Northeast Atlanta jumps to 11.7-million square feet as developers keep up with demand.
- Warehouse rents increase 9% quarter-over-quarter.
- Northeast Atlanta will experience a record year of activity in 2021.
Northeast Atlanta Industrial Submarket Q3 2021 Overview
For the second consecutive quarter, Northeast Atlanta led the Atlanta market in industrial space absorbed. Third quarter’s occupancy gains totaled +2.0-million square feet bringing the year-to-date total to +6.7-million square feet. Most of the positive activity came from tenants under 200,000 square feet. All together, the positive absorption has pushed vacancy to yet another record low. With demand remaining high, construction levels have spiked to over 11.7-million square feet, most of the new product taking place in the Jackson County subarea. Northeast Atlanta is expected to see a strong finish to the year in Q4.