Record Year Realized For Atlanta’s Industrial Market
Key Industrial Atlanta Submarket Trends
- Year-to-date absorption now totals +27.4 million square which surpasses Atlanta’s previous annual record.
- At 4.4%, market vacancy declined to yet another record low level.
- The average asking rent for Atlanta warehouse increased 3.7% from last quarter and is just a penny shy of the $5/SF mark.
- For the first time ever, construction is above 37-million square feet.
- Atlanta will see its greatest year of industrial occupancy gains.
Atlanta Industrial Submarket Q3 2021 Overview
As of Q3, the Atlanta industrial market has achieved a record annual amount of space absorbed. Third quarter’s +5.7 million square feet brings the year-to-date absorption total to +27.4 million square feet, surpassing 2017’s annual record of +25.2 million square feet. Additionally, the market is seeing records broken for other metrics including vacancy, construction activity, asking rents, and investment volume. And yet, there is still three months left in the year; a quarter in which Atlanta will see its annual absorption amount top +30 million square feet.