Atlanta’s bulk market reaches record annual absorption
With continued strong demand for bulk space, Atlanta has surpassed last year’s annual absorption record of 16.3-million square feet. Third quarter’s positive absorption brings the year-to-date total to just under 20-million square feet, and with one more quarter left in the year the total could easily reach between 23 to 25-million square feet.
Unlike the first half of the year, the backend of 2021 has seen occupancies dominated by small to mid-size industrial users; mostly related to e-commerce or logistics usage. Given this demand, construction activity is also at record levels. Atlanta’s bulk industrial growth shows no sign of slowing.
What you'll learn in the bi-annual Atlanta Industrial Big-Box Market Report:
- Distribution center and warehouse vacancy and availability rates
- Absorption and leasing activity for Atlanta's large warehouse market
- Average rental rates for large distribution centers and warehouses in Atlanta
- Current large warehouse construction projects in Atlanta
- Recent sales activity and cap rates for Atlanta's bulk market
- Forecasts and insights for Atlanta's large warehouse real estate market