Back-to-back quarters of absorption more than 1 million square feet has resulted in the I-20 West/Fulton Industrial submarket absorbing more than 3.2 million square feet year-to-date.
Unlike last quarter which the Atlanta I-20 West/Fulton Industrial submarket saw large occupancies account for most of the positive gains, smaller move-ins from companies mostly under 200,000 square feet were the main contributor to the positive activity in the third quarter of 2020.
I-20 West/Fulton industrial's vacancy rate is the lowest in Atlanta at 3.2%. The lack of space availability options has resulted in a construction boom for the submarket.
The submarket now has the second-highest amount of industrial space under construction in the Atlanta market. Just over 4.2 million square feet is in development, with most being speculative.
With 1.2 million square feet of user occupancies next quarter, I-20 West/Fulton industrial will see another strong year of gains.
- I-20 West/Fulton has absorbed more than 3.2 million square feet year-to-date
- Smaller move-ins, mostly under 200,000 square feet, contributed to this quarter's absorption
- I-20 West/Fulton's lack of vacancy has sparked a construction boom in the submarket
- More than 4.2 million square feet is under development here
- I-20 West/Fulton is expected to close the year strong with an additional 1.2 million square feet of occupancies in Q4 2020