Overall asking rates in the submarket have leveled off a bit over the course of the year thanks to more space on the market.
- Northeast Atlanta finished the year strong with 1.7 million square feet of industrial space absorbed. This led to the submarket seeing its highest annual occupancy gains since 2017.
- Tenants moving into 500,000 square feet or less were the most active occupants in the submarket this year. This was one of the major themes for the Atlanta industrial market in 2019.
- Like South Atlanta, warehouse product in the Northeast Atlanta submarket experienced an increase in its vacancy rate year-over-year thanks to new deliveries added.
- Overall asking rates in the submarket have leveled off a bit over the course of the year thanks to more space on the market. The average warehouse rent is actually down 10 basis points (0.1%) from last year.
- Although vacancy and availabilities are up this year, overall fundamentals in the submarket are solid.