- Client: Town of West Boylston
- Service: Project & Program Management
- Location: West Boylston, MA
- Project Scale: 10,000 gsf / $5.7 Million
Colliers Project Leaders served as the owner’s project manager during the construction of the 10,000 gsf new Senior Center for the Town of West Boylston.
The single-story building houses a large, multi-purpose room for seating up to 100 people at tables and even more for stage/theater performances. The project also features a full restaurant-level kitchen, arts and crafts space, billiard and gaming room, accommodation for a nurse/wellness office, and two casual open seating areas. Exterior features include patio seating, game areas, and walking paths.
The building is constructed on the current Town Park land adjacent to a residential neighborhood which required continued close communications between all project constituents.
As the project manager, Colliers provided services that included:
- Monitoring the progress and quality of construction
- Facilitating weekly job-site meetings with the Architect and General Contractor
- Reviewing General Contractor change order requests and providing recommendations
- Providing a Clerk-of-the-Works to ensure quality control and specification compliance
- Obtaining satisfactory performance from each contractor and subcontractor
- Monitoring and reporting on change orders