- Client: Town of Hadley
- Service: Project & Program Management / Commissioning & Energy Services
- Location: Hadley, MA
- Project Scale: 10,350 gsf / $7.1M
The Town of Hadley hired Colliers Project Leaders to provide owner's project management and commissioning services for the town's new Senior Center.
The new Senior Center is a single-story, energy-efficient building with a usable space of 10,350 square feet and an unfinished attic (for mechanical systems).
It was designed to be architecturally harmonious with existing municipal and other proposed nearby buildings. The functional spaces include a reception area, commercial grade kitchen, dining area to seat 150-200 people, administration offices, conference room, gathering area, exercise rooms, nurse’s office with a bath and shower, classrooms, appropriate bathrooms, and outdoor area with seating.
As project manager, Colliers provided the following services:
- Developed the total project budget & schedule
- Managed the move out & move in phases
- Facilitated the contract between the Owner and the Architect, including negotiating terms
- Acted as a resource to the Owner during construction on construction related issues
- Attended OAC meetings on behalf of the Owner
- Reviewed & approved pay applications & change orders