$100M investment deal attracts buyers from throughout the country
PHOENIX - Colliers in Arizona, in conjunction with Colliers agents throughout the U.S., is pleased to announce the $100+ million sale of a nationwide 16-property portfolio sold by a private investment fund. The grouping of assets included charter schools and three non-charter properties. Locations span from California to Florida and together total more than 765,135 square feet of building space and nearly 100 acres of land.
“This unique collection of alternative investment assets offered a complex assignment with varied product types and locations,” says Mindy Korth, executive vice president with Colliers in Arizona. “These properties, situated in six different states and the District of Columbia, were sold to nine separate buyers. Our team of brokers and support staff performed impressively in covering every detail of the varied transactions.”
Korth and Todd Noel of Colliers in Arizona worked with other Colliers agents in the local regions for the sale of the assets. Korth and Noel represented the seller, a private investment fund.
Included in the sale were 13 charter schools located in Arizona, Florida, Ohio, Michigan and Washington, District of Columbia. Also involved were two properties in Florida and Indiana, as well as an office building in Sacramento, California. The office and other properties were previously used for education purposes and will now be repurposed. The portfolio sale of four of the Florida schools was announced recently.
Following are the names and addresses of the assets sold:
Charter School Assets
- Cesar Chavez College Preparatory School, 2400 Mock Road, Columbus, OH
- Champion Academy of Distinction – Davie Campus, 3367 N. University Drive, Davie, FL
- Cleveland Arts & Social Sciences Academy, 10701 Shaker Boulevard, Cleveland, OH
- Desert Star Academy Middle School, 1530 Pinion Road, Fort Mohave, AZ
- Detroit Public Safety Academy, 1236 and 1250 Rosa Parks Boulevard, Detroit, MI
- Genesee STEM Academy, 5240 Calkins Road, Flint Township, MI
- Hope Lamond Community Public Charter School – Lamond Campus, 6200 Kansas Avenue NE, Washington, D.C.
- Lake Erie Preparatory School, 14405 St. Clair Avenue, Cleveland, OH
- Northside Prep Academy, 4750 Winton Road, Cincinnati, OH
- Renaissance Charter School of Plantation, 6701 W. Sunrise Boulevard, Plantation, FL
- Renaissance Charter School at University, 8399 N. University Drive, Tamarac, FL
- South Scioto Performance Academy, 2200 Winslow Drive, Columbus, OH
- St. Cloud Preparatory Academy, 3101 Progress Lane, St. Cloud, FL
Non-Charter School Assets
- 3840 Rosin Court, Buiding D, Sacramento, CA
- 4751 Walgreen Road, Jacksonville, FL
- 5435 W. Pike Plaza Road, Indianapolis, IN
Colliers (NASDAQ, TSX: CIGI) is a leading diversified professional services and investment management company. With operations in 65 countries, our more than 15,000 enterprising professionals work collaboratively to provide expert advice to real estate occupiers, owners and investors. For more than 25 years, our experienced leadership with significant insider ownership has delivered compound annual investment returns of almost 20% for shareholders. With annualized revenues to $3.6 billion ($4.0 billion including affiliates) and $46 billion of assets under management, we maximize the potential of property and accelerate the success of our clients and our people. Learn more at corporate.colliers.com, Twitter @Colliers or LinkedIn.
Colliers in Arizona has served clients locally and globally for more than 40 years.