My thoughts and feelings have been all over the place this year, and I finally got fed up with this crazy, perpetual holding pattern. While doing some soul searching, a statement the late Herb Appel - my old boss, mentor and dear friend - once said to me kept replaying in my head: "Barkley, you've got to get your mind right."
Herb was right! Mindset is critical, so I finally got it through my head that I must get my mind right and create a new "normal" for myself. So I reviewed the old strategies that worked well for me in the past, and I added them back into my new "normal."
- I work with a renewed and updated personal Vision;
- I tackle the most important and difficult tasks first thing every morning;
- I schedule a few hours alone each week without distractions to think and strategize;
- I update my quarterly goals (12 Week Year), and review and work on them every day;
- I check my emails in "time blocks" so I don't get distracted every few minutes by a new email;
- I schedule a few hours each week to work on my 2021 deal pipeline (prospecting).
Having hope that this perpetual holding pattern won’t last forever is critical, but it's not a strategy. Changing your thoughts will change your actions, and changing your actions will change your results. Get your mind right!
How Barkley Can Help You
I assist my clients to buy, sell, and lease commercial buildings and land in the Houston Region. I help them leverage their real estate needs to achieve their business or personal goals. Call me for a free consultation.
Barkley Peschel, CCIM
Senior Vice President | Houston
Direct +1 281 242 2300
Mobile +1 832 423 6285