Terry E. Smith SIOR
Executive Vice President & Partner | Nashville
Terry has over 40 years of experience working in the commercial, industrial, and investment markets in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky. In 2013, Terry served as the International President of SIOR, a 3,000-member organization comprised of the most knowledgeable, experienced, and successful office and industrial brokers. While serving as president, Terry traveled the world representing organization members. This experience provides Terry with a vast network of key brokers and investors who are active in the US and internationally.
Terry was the first Nashville employee of Coldwell Banker Commercial in 1980. In 1983, he moved to The Mathews Company as Vice President of Sales and Principle Broker of RCM Realty. In April of 2000, Terry and his partner Bert Mathews merged RCM Realty with Nate Greene and Tony Vaughn (NAI Taylor Vaughn and Greene) to become NAI Mathews Partners. In 2010, NAI Nashville became Colliers International.
In Terry’s career, he has led transactions ranging from small office/warehouse leases to complicated sale-leasebacks such as Baldor Electric, a 670,000 square-foot facility in Cookeville, Tennessee. Terry has always provided the same caliber of professionalism and expertise to all clients.
• Global President for SIOR 2012-2013 and Vice President for SIOR 2010 - 2011
• Past Southeast Regional Director SIOR, National
• Past President , Vice President and Treasurer, SIOR, East Tennessee Chapter
• Member of the Nashville and Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce
• Past President and Director of The Greater Nashville Association of Realtors
• Past President and Director, Tennessee Association of Realtors, Commercial Investment Division
• Member of the Hendersonville, Tennessee Industrial Development Board
• Past President of the Davidson County Board of Directors, University of Tennessee Alumni
• Past Member of the Economic Development Committee for the Nashville Chamber of Commerce
University of Tennessee | BS in Real Estate, Urban Development, and Finance
Memberships & Involvements
• TN and KY Brokers Real Estate
AraMark, Baldor Electric Company, Bonded Filter Company, Bridgestone America, Carters, Colinx, International Paper, Interstate AC Service, L＆W Properties LLC, Nashville Wraps, Unistar Properties