A 30-year veteran of the commercial real estate industry, I joined Colliers MN in 2007. I specialize in industrial sales and leasing, serving as a landlord, tenant and owner representative for clients across the greater Twin Cities metro area. My clients include Link Industrial Properties, First Industrial Realty Trust and Brennan Investment Group. I hold both SIOR and CCIM real estate designations and am licensed in Minnesota. Outside of work, I volunteer my time with Tee It Up for the Troops, the St. Thomas Academy CadetWorks mentorship program, and my daughter's softball team in the City of Mendota Heights. I currently reside with my family in Mendota Heights, Minnesota.
As a member of the Colliers MN brokerage team, I am completely focused on accelerating the success of my clients.
Significant Listing Assignments
- Link Industrial Properties MN Portfolio, 2.0 Million SF listing including space in: Eagan, Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Burnsville, Crystal, Golden Valley, New Brighton and Roseville.
- Interstate North Distribution Center I & II, Brooklyn Park
- Centre Pointe Business Center, Roseville
- For sale land listings in Mendota Heights
- 6250 Ridgewood Road, St. Cloud, Minnesota: 545,000 SF industrial space for lease
Awards and Recognition
- CoStar Power Broker Award for 2022 Cold Spring Brewing lease
- Colliers Team Lead for leasing assignment of largest industrial real estate transaction to ever change hands in Minnesota: 2.0 million SF portfolio (2019 - YTD)
- Best in Real Estate’s Lease Transaction of the Year, Mpls/St. Paul Business Journal, 2010
- Industrial Transaction of the Year, MNCAR, 2006 & 2008
- Volunteer - Tee It Up for the Troops (Sponsorhip Co-Chair, Mendakota Country Club Event 2015 - 2019)
- St. Thomas Academy / Fort Snelling Cemetery clean-up crew - Annually
- St. Thomas Academy - CadetWorks Internship Program - Annually
- Baseball Coach - St. Paul (Highland Ball) Association
- Highland Catholic
- St. Thomas Academy
- University of St. Thomas
Memberships & Involvements
- SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors)
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member)
- Americraft Carton
- BFG Supply Company
- Brennan Investment Group
- Colder Products
- Condor Corporation
- Exchange Realty
- First Industrial
- Flint Group
- Great Lakes Engineering
- Hillcrest Development
- Interim Healthcare
- Link Logistics Real Estate
- LNR Property (Starwood)
- North American Central School Bus
- Rayco Construction
- Sentinel Real Estate Corporation
- Summit Fire Protection Co.
- Upper Lakes Foods
Minneapolis - St. Paul
Matt Newell is an Associate on the Colliers International brokerage team, specializing in Industrial properties.
Matt first began his career as an intern with Colliers, where he formed a valuable mentorship with Steve Nilsson as he assisted with marketing efforts for all Steve's listings. He has since rejoined the team after graduating with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with a Commercial Real Estate & Marketing double major from Marquette University.
Matt now focuses on Industrial Landlord and Tenant representation, striving to find the best outcomes for his clients. Matt brings a fresh approach to the team, keeping on top of the latest market and technology trends, always innovating the most effective approach for his clients’ success.
Client Services Lead
Minneapolis - St. Paul
As a Senior Client Services Coordinator, I provide marketing support and industry knowledge to the Industrial brokerage team. My specialties include creation and distribution of tailored property marketing collateral and targeted campaigns, broker event coordination, landlord and tenant representation service proposals, marketing/listing activity reports, transaction support and market research.