Executive Vice President
License # License No. 00813856
Steve Chamberlain has consistently delivered top-quality production for clients for over 30 years providing value through identifying highest and best use of land and spearheading the entitlement process beyond taking to market.
His direct, no-nonsense approach, deep expertise, and wholehearted commitment make him one of the most productive and well-respected brokers at Colliers International.
Regularly achieving Top 10, Top 5, Top 3, and even Top Producer status, in his office and company-wide, Steve is Executive Vice President in the Land Development and Investment Sales division of Colliers International Sacramento.
Although Steve’s primary focus over the past 30+ years has been in Land Development and Investment Sales, his concentration is also in distressed assets as the founding partner of the Lender Specialty Group.
- Ranked Number 1 in the Sacramento Office: 1991, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2003, and 2004, 2011 and 2012
- Top 5 for Sacramento Office: 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1994- 2005, 2009-2018
- Top 3 Company Wide: 2010
- Top 10 Company Wide: 1990, 1996 and 1998
- Manager's Award for Outstanding Achievement: 1992
- Association of Commercial Real Estate "Land Specialist of the Year": 1996, 2009, 2010, 2014 & 2016
- Sold Empire Ranch in Folsom, over 2000 lots.
- Listing Broker on 3M’s 128± acres of research & development land in Roseville.
- Represented Alleghany Properties on the sale of 112± acres of office/retail land in Roseville.
- Sold Baywood Apartments, 220 units.
- Represented BALCOR on the sale of 615 acres in Roseville. Master planned for office, commercial, single family and multi-family.
- Sold 41 acres to Donahue Schriber for Joint Venture with Evergreen for a Power Center in Roseville.
- Listing Broker for Union Bank on 100± acres of office land in Laguna.
- Represented the Setzer family on the sale of 32 acres at 3rd & Broadway.
- Represented Richmond American on the purchase of 113 finished lots in Folsom.
- Listing Broker Mercantile Bank, 578± acres of ranch land.
- Sale of Manzanita Plaza Shopping Center, a 28,000 SF retail center.
- Represented Centex Homes on the purchase of 873 lots in Rancho Cordova.
- Represented Seller and Buyer on the acquisition of 1375 Exposition Blvd., a 7,500 SF building.
- Represented a local golf course developer on the purchase of 745± acres for two 18-hole courses and dedicated park land.
- Represented Diversified Shopping Centers on the purchase of a 12 acre site in Roseville.
- Represented Glendale Federal Bank in the sale of 364 lots in Vallejo.
- Represented Buyer on the purchase of Henson Garden Estates Senior Living, 88 units.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Real Estate and Insurance from California State University, Sacramento
Memberships & Involvements
- California Association of Realtors (CAR)
- MetroList Services (MLS)
- Association of Commercial Real Estate (ACRE)
- Building Industry Association (BIA)
Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento
“In this challenging economic climate, his creativity, market knowledge and negotiation skills were well established by the pricing he was able to achieve, and we believe the fact that he was able to negotiate and successfully close the sale of our property at 60% above the appraised value in this market is most worthy of recognition” – John Presley Shelton III, Asset Manager at Prescient, Inc.
“I truly appreciated your willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard – seems simple, but not a lot of guys do it as well as you did in this deal. Over the 11 months from offer to close, you consistently provided creative and objective solutions to difficult issues that appeared irresolvable. Selling a large, master-planned land project during an embattled entitlement process required persistence and professionalism – you exhibited a great deal of both.” – William Walton, Hudson Advisors, LLC.