Director, National Office Research
Stephen has over 35 years of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Research experience gained in both the U.S. and U.K. He has an expert knowledge of many CRE markets across the U.S. Having worked with brokerage firms, asset managers and data providers he has a broad spectrum of experience and is adept in forecasting, analysis and strategy. Prior to joining Colliers, Stephen was a Research Director with CoStar based in Washington D.C. His career history also includes eight years as Director of U.S. Office Research with Deutsche Asset Management and six years as Head of Research with Newmark Knight Frank in London, U.K.
At Colliers, Stephen is responsible for all aspects of U.S. National Office research including authoring quarterly reports, press interviews and multi-market analysis. He works closely with multiple Colliers' business lines including Office Services, Capital Markets, Healthcare, Law Firm Services, Property Management and Occupier Services. He’s a frequent author of blogs and thought leadership pieces as well as giving presentations to clients and industry groups.
In addition to his track record of innovation and development of new research practices and products, Stephen's achievements include:
- Providing independent research and forecasting for over $5.0B of office acquistions
- Spearheading research for the Canary Wharf Group's $3.6B IPO
- Design and implementation of new multifamily research products following CoStar's acquistion of apartments.com
- Coordinating and developing research for Deutsche Bank's Global CRE Investment strategy
- Building a 25-year forecasting model for the UK Government's 20MSF London office portfolio
BA with Honors in Urban Planning - University of Manchester, UK
Memberships & Involvements