Head of Enterprise Project Management
An experienced Real Estate and Construction professional who has worked for over twenty years providing advice across the life cycle of commercial properties for a number of large multi-national corporate clients. These include Centrica, Whitbread, Shell, Microsoft, GSK, PeopleSoft, and Nokia Networks.
A technical background coupled with management expertise, key areas of success include: Design management, project management, risk and value management, programme management, PMO, stakeholder and change management.
Project Account Lead for Centrica
- Project managed new exec office in Mayfair, liasing with CEO and Chairman
- Led the team delivering a large scale refurbishmne of Centrica's HQ in Staines
- Project managed the traders' new office in Park House, Oxford Circus
Programme Manager for Shell Real Estate’s Transaction & Projects team, responsible for the EMEA portfolio (seconded role):
- Drive implementation and adherence to Shell’s standards (PM, Design, Health & Safety, Environmental)
- Focus on continuous improvement,
- Work with Shell PMs on planning new projects and transactions including resources, systems,
Project Director for the fit out of Shell’s new offices in Canary Wharf, London (2010 - 2012):
- 17,000 sqm of office space, 10 floors, including business centre, gym, and restaurant,
- Implementation of emerging workplace standards, and contribution to client’s updates of same standards,
- My role as Project Manager focused on design management, risk and value management,
- Our client had high expectations on Health, Safety and Environmental aspects of the project, and my approach had to adapt to this scenario; as a consequence, I have become considerably more proactive and display stronger leadership attributes in these crucial areas.
Project Manager for the construction and fit-out of Microsoft’s New UK Headquarters Building in Reading (2005-2008):
- 9000 sqm of office space, 2 staff restaurants and a gym,
- BCO Regional Prize for Best Fit Out of Workplace,
- My role as Project Manager commenced in April 2005 and I was involved right from the beginning in obtaining master budget approval, through the enabling site clearance works, the new build programme, and finally the subsequent fit-out of the building. I had particular responsibilities for Design Team management, Contract Administration.The project was completed within the original master budget and ahead of the original programme.
Venture & Integration (VI) Manager for Microsoft EMEA Corporate Real Estate (2008-2009)
2014-University of Reading/CEM-PostGrad Dip Project Management
1992-University Of Salford-BSc(Hons) Building Surveying
Memberships & Involvements
1993 MRICS -I achieved Chartered Surveyor status
I am currently a member of the British Council of Offices, RICS, and CoreNet.