Senior Vice President, Portfolio Strategy
Ron leads Colliers’ Portfolio Strategy Consulting line of business for Occupier Services|Americas.
His team delivers strategic corporate real estate advisory services and high-quality portfolio and workplace optimization plans to corporate and institutional clients. Services include portfolio optimization planning, location strategy, KPI development, M&A due diligence, and organizational assessment.
- Wins clients with key strategic insights for all Colliers’ Global Occupier Services Enterprise engagements - responsible for engagement, strategy formulation and deployment of multi-year strategic planning engagements leading to downstream tactical execution/transactions. Typical engagements slash operating expense and rooftops by 30% - e.g. SAP, Thomson Reuters
- Envisions new products and services that lead to client attraction and retention - Created market-based Strategic Planning and Optimization tools that analyze clients’ portfolio plans and optimize for mark to market run-rate rationalization, effective and efficient capital expense deployment, and space optimization, saving clients significant expense in their annual run rates. Current client win-rate >30%. Average NPS score 9.6 (out of 10).
- Develops deep subject matter expertise in Electric Utility Sector operations, leading real estate portfolio optimization engagements for Duquesne Light Company (DLC), PECO, CommmonwealthEdison (ComEd), and PSE&G-LI. Typical engagements result in significant saves to O&M budget baseline, and downstream transaction commission
- Achieved an annual run rate savings of $75M, or 20% of baseline, and 30% reduction of occupied sites globally (from 271-> 189) via robust Strategic Planning process and execution of “Metro-Regional Master Plans” for Thomson Reuters.
- Implemented KPI-based “Location Quality Index” methodology for ~30 different clients - tool grades the relative performance of a clients’ portfolio against local and universal benchmarks, prompting engagement and transformational portfolio change. Slashes “analysis-paralysis” time and effectively prompts decision-making.
MA - Heinz School Of Public Policy; Carnegie Mellon University
BA - Fairfield University
Memberships & Involvements
Masters of Corporate Real Estate (MCR) – Corenet Global;
NY and Alabama Real Estate Salesperson Licenses;
Eagle Scout; Member – Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
Consumer Products: Pepsico, Nestle, Grupo Bimbo
Financial/Insurance: Thomson Reuters, IHS Markit, World Bank, Nasdaq, Equifax, Bank of Montreal (BMO), Protective Life
Industrial/Engineering: BAE Systems, Alcon, Schneider Electric, Worley Parsons, HNTB, Koch Industries, Cummins, Danaher/Fortive, Lixil
Pharmaceutical: PTC Therapeutics, GSK
Public Utility/Public Sector: CommonwealthEdison (ComEd), Phildaelphia Electric Company (PECO), Duquesne Light Company (DLC), Hawaii Electric Company (HECO), Department of Education - Puerto Rico, Union County-NJ
Technology: SAP, Nokia, Microsoft, RedHat, Adobe
Consultant, Portfolio Strategy
Carter brings over 4 years of real estate experience with a background in social media, administrative and transactional management. She has worked in multiple facets of the real estate industry including Property Management, Residential and Commercial. Carter joined the Colliers team in February 2020 as a Transaction Coordinator of Enterprise Clients and has since worked her way up as a Consultant on the Portfolio Strategy Consulting team.
She has since been responsible for spearheading projects such as researching and negotiating global serviced office options, consulting clients on various technological platforms offered through Colliers, and compiling competitor data from international affiliate offices to present to clients.