Executive Vice President
Rich specializes in Office leasing and sales in the Indianapolis metropolitan market. During his commercial real estate career, Rich has quickly earned a nod as one of the market’s top brokers – completing over $850 million in transaction volume and representing many of the area’s most notable projects.
Rich has extensive experience on the developer / landlord side, with a strong suit in the positioning and marketing of many product / class types. He enjoys orchestrating the advantageous elements of a property in a fresh approach – to best present a property’s full “unique” story.
Rich keeps a pulse on the local market and greater industry trends. Consequently, he has become a go-to subject matter expert for local and national media – including the New York Times, Indianapolis Star, Indianapolis Business Journal, and other industry publications.
Within a formal specialized team, Rich tackles sophisticated assignments with an exhaustive effort and consistent thoroughness. The team leverages in-depth market data – matched with proven strategies and strong negotiation skills – to assist clients in meeting their overall objectives. Energy, creative-thinking, and focus are notable strengths that have become part of Rich’s brand and has led to many long-term client relationships.
Previously with NAI Olympia Partners, he was consistently among the firm's top producing brokers, was overall top producer for multiple years, and held a long-standing record within the firm for the most transactions within a year. Most recently he was with Summit Realty Group/Cushman Wakefield, where he was also a top producing broker and was a partner/owner.
In his free time, Rich enjoys spending quality time with his wife and three daughters, exercising, and attending live music performances.
Achievements & Affiliations
- Colliers Indianapolis Performance Awards:
- Inductee. Colliers Everest Club, recognizing top 10% of brokers across the U.S. 2019
- Top Producing Team 2019
- 2nd Top Producing Broker 2019
- Largest Transaction 2020, 2019 & 2013
- Peak Performance Brokerage 2011
- Inductee. Hall of Fame ― Midwest Real Estate News 2019
- NAIOP Performance Awards:
- Recipient. People’s Choice Award, Visionary Project ― NAIOP 2018
- Recipient. Office Broker of the Year, Office Indy Team ― NAIOP 2017
- Recipient. Office Transaction of the Year, Office Indy Team ― NAIOP 2013
- Panelist. Indianapolis Business Journal (IBJ) CRE Power Breakfast 2014
- Finalist. Indy’s Best & Brightest ― Junior Achievement 2014
- NAI Olympia Partners Performance Awards:
- Recipient. Overall Top Producer Award – NAI Olympia Partners 2009, 2010
- Recipient. Top Associate of the Year – NAI Olympia Partners 2009, 2010
- Recipient. Indianapolis Power Broker ― CoStar Group, multiple years
- City of Fishers Redevelopment Authority ― Mayor Appointed
- Past Executive Board Member. Jerrell Freeman's Rise Above Foundation
- Committee Member. The Main Event, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana
- Volunteer. Patachou Foundation
- Volunteer. Wheeler Mission
- Volunteer. New Tech Community Mentoring Program
B.A. Telecommunications, Marketing & Advertising
Indiana University - Bloomington, Indiana
Memberships & Involvements
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Executive Vice President & CoMarket Leader
Matt Langfeldt specializes in Office Advisory Services on the Colliers Indy Office Team along with Rich Forslund and Christa Calderone. Considered a leading broker in the Indianapolis office sales and leasing arena, he has extensive knowledge in all aspects of office sales and lease transactions and has an extensive track record brokering complex projects.
Over his career, Matt has completed brokerage and consulting assignments in excess of $850 million. His strong financial acumen, combined with work on some of Central Indiana’s largest transactions, have contributed to becoming a market leader in the brokerage community. He has served as Co-Market Leader of the Indianapolis office over the past six years, overseeing the firm’s strategic initiatives and key business units.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt was a Vice President at NAI Olympia Partners and was repeatedly recognized as one of the firm’s top producers. Previously, he consulted with numerous firms on IT/ERP implementations with the consulting/accounting firm Crowe Chizek & Company (now known as Crowe).
In his free time, Matt enjoys the outdoors through running and mountain biking. He, his wife and four children are also active in their Meridian Kessler community.
Manager, Office Agency Srvs | Indianapolis
Christa Calderone is an integral member of the high-energy office brokerage team of Matt Langfeldt and Rich Forslund. Christa administers client and prospective accounts and activities toward the transaction process, conducts property showings to prospective clients, coordinates open houses and special team events, performs lease financial analyses and produces critical client-facing reports. For the team’s substantial transactional activity and listings portfolio, she works closely with brokerage staff to create proposals and presentations, property tours, property marketing brochures and email campaigns.
In recognition of her entrepreneurial work approach across multiple company initiatives, Christa was awarded the firm’s Enterprise Award.
Christa is an experienced commercial real estate professional, with a successful history of working collaboratively on cross-departmental projects. Previously, Christa was Manager of Leasing Operations and Specialty Leasing at Kite Realty Group. The Specialty Leasing initiative generated $500K in additional company revenue on an annual basis. In addition to ensuring departmental processes and reporting initiatives ran seamlessly, she devised and executed new revenue generating initiatives through creative leasing strategies. In collaboration with marketing, she assisted in staging regional/national tradeshow and corporate functions. She also managed her group’s collateral materials and was an enthusiastic content participant toward various online company marketing avenues.