AREA OF EXPERTISE
Mr. Friedman joined the firm in 2003 when it operated as GVA Williams. With over 30 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, Mr. Friedman has leased in excess of 20 million square feet of space in his career. He specializes in the representation of corporate tenants in the acquisition and disposition of office space in the New York City and international marketplaces.
Mark also specializes in:
• Repositioning portfolios for Corporations in order to achieve sustainable run rate savings
• Representing tenants in formulating best practice, real estate strategies
• Incorporating Key Business Drivers into Pre-Lease Negotiations Legal and Risk Management, Maximize EBITA thru consolidations of synergistic, corporate restructuring & monetizing owned assets
• Negotiating the surrender and disposition of surplus leases, facilities & existing owned assets
• M&A Support and DD for acquisitions to peg values mark-to-market and purchase accounting
• Negotiating Municipal Incentives
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Friedman was an Executive Vice-President of Corporate Services at CB Richard Ellis. Mark was previously at the Koll Company where he led a team responsible for the acquisition, repositioning, lease-up and disposition of institutional portfolios at Koll Investment Management. Mr. Friedman began his real estate career with a major New Yorkdeveloper and asset manager. Mark is soley dedicated to tenant advocacy. He regularly engages in courses at the NYU Institute of Real Estate as well as seminars relating to C-Suite function matters, Six Sigma & LEED.
Mark is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY), American Management Association (AMA) and Corenet and actively involved with Upper West Side Historical District. He is dedicated to several charities including Widows and Children’s Fund of The Patrolman’s Benevolent Association of NY, Ronald McDonald House, ASPCA, Community Food Resource Center, CUNY Research Foundation and the PENCIL Foundation.
• Wolters Kluwer - Corporate Restructuring;Worked closely in strict confidence with corporate officers, management consultants & board of directors in compiling data & creating probability templates for optimal occupancy benchmarking
• CCH-LIS NY Headquarters Consolidation - 111 Eighth Avenue fringe market relocation from 1633 Broadway Midtown “Ivory Tower”
• Highline Caledonia Related Site – Assemblage & Relocation of GSA - Negotiated buyouts on behalf of GSA, and 4 other existing DEAs
• Globix - Monetization of world headquarters at 139 Centre St NY, a 177,000 sf Web Hosting Hotel-Office Building. Nominated for Creative Deal of the Year in negotiating the surrender and relocation of 7-InfoTech tenants
• LEED Council: Speaker on green lease language for tenants
• Guest Speaker for Crains Real Estate NY tenant rep perspectives market contrarian
• Arbitration Fair Market Options & Renewals
• Top One Percentile: Harvard Negotiating Seminar. “Getting to Yes”
Memberships & Involvements
REBNY, American Management Association, Core Net
Air France, NASDAQ