Marc Knowles began his commercial real estate career in 2017 and joined the Colliers Kansas City Retail Services team in 2022. Marc is active in both investor and occupier sales and leasing. His understanding of the complexity of commercial leases from both investor and occupier perspectives allows him to focus on the needs of his clients with a clear understanding of both sides of the transaction. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Marc represents clients from Kansas City to western Kansas. He prides himself as not just a broker, but a strategic advisor to his clients.
- Negotiating with public and private stakeholders to save/resurrect The Starlite Drive-In, a landmark for the Wichita community
- Assisted with the 10+-acre expansion of NewMarket Square shopping center; signed retailers/restaurants including The Buckle, Walk-Ons, Chico’s, Spencer’s, and Apricot Lane to join anchor tenants Hobby Lobby, Dutch Bros, and Torchy’s
- Assisted Pizza Ranch restaurant chain with their expansion into Wichita and the surrounding area
- Assisted EG Group (Kwik Shop and Minit Mart) with their expansion and disposition throughout Kansas
- Worked with Casey’s General Store on several expansions
Memberships & Involvements
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Chris Newkirk joined Colliers Kansas City’s Retail Services team in September 2022. Chris began his commercial real estate career in 2006, and as a retail specialist, he is active in both investor and occupier retail sales and leasing. His understanding of the complexity of retail leases from both an investor and occupier perspective allows him to focus on the needs of his clients with a clear understanding of both sides of the transaction. As a retail professional in Kansas City, Chris represents clients in the greater Kansas City and surrounding areas, including markets such as Topeka, Lawrence, and Wichita, Kansas, as well as western Missouri. He prides himself as not just a broker, but a strategic advisor to his clients.