Senior Vice President - Office Properties
Serving dual roles for Colliers as vice president, account management for the Americas, and as senior vice president for Colliers in Arizona, Kathy Foster specializes in occupier advisory and corporate solutions, including portfolio management, corporate real estate and workplace strategy.
Kathy works on behalf of clients with significant domestic and global real estate assets. Her areas of expertise include strategic planning, transaction implementation, site selection, lease administration, and project and portfolio management.
With more than 25 years of in-depth experience in corporate real estate, Kathy has completed transactions in excess of 10 million square feet in more than 100 markets throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Partnering with Phil Breidenbach, SIOR, senior executive vice president; and Kyle York, associate, their team provides exceptional service and strategic solutions to clients, representing buyers, tenants, owners and landlords.
Prior to joining Colliers, Kathy was a principal with Cresa Phoenix for seven years, specializing in corporate real estate. Previously, she managed the corporate real estate portfolio for First Health Group based in Scottsdale for 13 years. The portfolio consisted of more than 2.7 million square feet with an annual operating budget of $33 million.
- 2021 - Women of Influence Award - GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum
- 2020 – #11 Top Producer
- 2020 – Connect Media’s Women in Real Estate Award, honoring achievements and inspirational stories of women who reached respected positions of leadership and play key membership roles for others
- 2019 – #9 Top Producer
- 2018 – #11 Top Producer
- 2018 – Awarded the Master of Corporate Real Estate in Workplace Strategy (MCR.w) by CoreNet Global
- 2016 – #15 Top Producer
- 2015 - Awarded the Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR) by CoreNet Global
- 2014 – Phoenix Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business Award, recognizing remarkable women who are trailblazing the Valley's business community as mentors, influencers and visionaries
- 2014 – All in Award by Colliers | Arizona for being fully committed to moving to the next level and to setting winning strategies for the future
- 2013 – Most Valuable Player at Colliers Way Leadership Camp in Vancouver
- 2013 - #5 Top Team
- Completed transactions in excess of 10 million square feet in more than 100 markets throughout U.S. and Canada
- Managed a corporate real estate portfolio of more than 2.7 million square feet with an annual operating budget of $33 million
- Master of Corporate Real Estate in Workplace Strategy (MCR.w), CoreNet Global
- Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR), CoreNet Global
Memberships & Involvements
- Colliers Occupier Advisors
- Colliers Not-for-Profit Group
- CoreNet Global, Arizona Chapter - Board of Directors, Programs Committee Chair
- Co-Chair AASK (Aid to Adoption of Special Kids)
- Colliers AZ Cares
- Sage Software
- Blood Systems
- United Blood Services
- Logan Design
- Allen Systems Group
- Redline Athletics
- First Health
- Insight, kforce
- Movement Mortgage
- Ernst ＆ Young
"If you desire your real estate purchase or lease project to be handled in a way that you know it is in the solid hands of a professional who has the skill, knowledge and integrity to get the job completed in a way that exceeds your expectations, hire Kathy Foster. Kathy possesses all of those attributes and more. We have been fully satisfied with her performance and can highly recommend her." - Rob Johnson, Managing Partner, KnowledgeNet
"Kathy is a highly motivated and effective professional who provides keen insight and great service in negotiating on behalf of companies and works to maximize their return on investment in office and professional space." - Mark E. Peterson, Strategic Consultant
"Kathy is a skilled real estate professional. She is detail-oriented, organized and an excellent communicator. I worked with Kathy for several years and she always had positive results and valued contributions both as a team member and team leader." - Edward Vericker, Director of Real Estate, Coventry Health Care
"Kathy's real estate expertise and communication skills were especially helpful in our search for the lease/purchase of a new operating facility. Her knowledge of the real estate negotiation process and upbeat personality made her an essential part of our team for this transaction. I look forward to working with her in the future." - David Rottner, Controller, The Training Consortium, LLC
"Kathy has worked with our organization for many years. We have used her expertise to help our company make the right decisions. She is very personable, always willing to help and gets us the required information on time. I would recommend using Kathy's services for your real estate needs." - Rob Lowy, Senior Manager, Corporate Real Estate Management at Sage
Senior Executive Vice President
As a senior executive vice president with Colliers, Phil Breidenbach specializes in commercial office properties, representing both landlords and tenants. He focuses on life-of-the-asset landlord agency, tenant advocacy, corporate solutions, acquisitions and dispositions. Phil has specialized in commercial real estate since joining Colliers in 1984.
Core competencies include:
- Building and office space lease marketing
- Tenant advocacy
- Office building sales
- Office land acquisition
- Strategic real estate plan development and implementation
- Site selection
Phil partners with Kathy Foster, MCR.w, senior vice president; and Kyle York, associate. Their team structure allows representation of both landlords and tenants, with a diverse base of knowledge and expertise that leads to successful and tailored real estate solutions. They build on the strengths of the team's members, with a synergy not often found in today’s commercial real estate environment. They pride themselves on developing relationships that continue far beyond a single successful transaction.
Kyle York is an associate with Colliers, specializing in landlord and tenant representation for the sale and leasing of office properties. He is a member of the senior brokerage team of Phil Breidenbach, SIOR, senior executive vice president; and Kathy Foster, MCR.w, senior vice president. The team provides exceptional service and strategic solutions to its clients.
Leveraging his expertise in researching and understanding the market, Kyle strives to align tenant requirements with available properties. He focuses on finding the perfect space to meet each client’s business needs.
Kyle actively pursues property listing opportunities and identifies prospective tenants on behalf of the team and its clients. He conducts market research to pinpoint economic and industry trends to help clients make informed real estate decisions.
Clients and peers describe Kyle as being highly knowledgeable about the market, determined and hard-working. He places great value on being accountable and responsive to his clients’ needs.
Kyle joined Colliers in 2017, as a research associate. He assisted with publishing quarterly statistical reports for each property discipline, compiled market statistics, and maintained databases for sales and lease comps. Kyle conducted industry research using various in-house and on-line resources.