License # 475.200284
Kate Dempsey is an Associate within the Land Advisory Group at Colliers International with over four years of experience in the industry. Since joining the land team, Kate focuses on representing companies in the acquisition, disposition, leasing and development of commercial real estate throughout Illinois and Wisconsin.
After joining Colliers, Kate was personally invited to participate in the company's Acceleration Program because of her extensive experience and personal relationships she built in previous years within the company. This 40-week program is designed to enhance the knowledge within each asset class while working alongside a diverse group of real estate professionals. The group is comprised of hand selected individuals; 10 within the United States and 10 within Canada ranging from Research Analysts to Associate Brokers
B.A. | Miami University
Recipient of the International Air Cargo Association of Chicago Scholarship (2019, 2020, 2021)
Memberships & Involvements
Colliers Acceleration Program
- Archdiocese of Chicago
- McGrath Audi
- Green Acres Country Club
- Byline Bank
- Bank of Hope (formerly BBCN)
- Bank Financial
- First American Bank
- US Marshall Service
- Farmers Business Network
- Lennar Homes
Senior Vice President
Chicago - Rosemont
- I lead the only "all female" commercial team in Chicago
- Since I began my career in real estate in 2001, I have participated in more than 700+ sales transactions involving more than 10,000 acres with total sales in excess of $2 Billion
- I Identify acquisition sites for developers, investors, REITs and users and guide them through the entitlement/rezoning process
- Assist property owners in land/infill redevelopment disposition based on realistic municipal objectives to obtain highest return for client
- Consult with municipalities to determine areas of opportunity in comprehensive plan; local, state and national governmental incentives; entitlement and rezoning process and strategy; and property highest and best use
- Extensive experience in the disposition of bank and FDIC owned assets.
- Hold real estate licenses in Illinois and Wisconsin
Prior to entering commercial real estate, I worked for Xerox Corporation and led the company in sales six out of my last nine years.
Chicago - Rosemont
Gwen Walker is an Associate within the Land Group at Colliers International focusing on identifying acquisition sites for developers, investors, REITs, and users and guiding them through the entitlement/rezoning process. In addition, our team focuses on assisting property owners in land/infill redevelopment disposition based on realistic municipal objectives to obtain the highest return for our clients. We also consult with municipalities to determine areas of opportunity in comprehensive plan; local, state, and national governmental incentives; entitlement and rezoning process and strategy; and property highest and best use.