Jon is an experienced real estate advisor known and trusted throughout the northwest since 2006 in advising national, regional, and local business and property owners in the sales, leasing, strategic planning, build to suit process, and site analysis of commercial properties.
His experience and expertise include: Creative problem-solving, Strategic negotiation, Clear concise communication, dedicated approach & proactive results
He has helped numerous local, regional and national companies grow and expand into multiple locations throughout Oregon, including Crow Holdings – who turned to Jon and his team for assistance with the leasing and disposition of their 400,000 SF industrial project in Tualatin.
Jon is also one of the founding members of the Manufacturing Affinity Group (magnw.org) for Oregon and SW Washington and was on the board of Fair Flies, a cutting edge ethically sourced fly-fishing company.
He lives in Lake Oswego with his wife and two boys. When he is not on the field coaching his sons, he can be found hiking, chasing trout with a fly rod, or trying to keep up with his boys hitting single track on mountain bikes throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Generated more than $251,120,000 in transaction value in the past 5-years.
- Named the top broker for client satisfaction for Colliers Portland for three consecutive years.
- 78% of deals in the past 3 years have been repeat clients.
- Ranked as a top performer for the Portland office in sales transaction volume for non-institutional and owner user buildings since 2016.
- Jon is also an Entertainment and Creative Re-use Specialist with vast experience in assisting sports and family entertainment groups.
Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design and Marketing, Pacific Lutheran University
Colliers International "Knowledge Partner" Designation
Memberships & Involvements
Manufacturing Affinity Group - Co-Leader
Fair Flies- Past Board of Directors
Lake Oswego Young Life
Pacific Lutheran University Football Hall of Fame
Leadership Portland Class of 2022
George Fox IGNITE Mentor Program ’22-‘23
Lake Oswego Youth Lacrosse
- Habitat for Humanity: Restore (multiple transactions)
- Interior Technology (multiple transactions)
- Evans Components (multiple transactions)
- Western Oregon Conference Association of Seventh Day Adventists
- Kinco International
- Sky High Sports Portland
- Next Adventure (multiple transactions)
- Cartwright Companies
- Crow Holdings
- Investment Development Management (multiple transactions)
- Fite Development Co.
- The Circuit Bouldering Gyms (multiple transactions)
- Boydstun Equipment Manufacturing
- Stockbridge Capital
- Crimson Trace
- VergePointe Capital (multiple transactions)
- Skate World (multiple transactions)
- Panattoni Development Co. (multiple transactions)
- Ironman 4x4 America (multiple transactions) - 67,778 SF
- American Furniture Rentals, Inc. - 38,244 SF
- AllStar Magnetics - 16,467 SF
- Commercial Air Filtration - 20,700 SF (multiple transactions)
I have never experienced a broker with such patience, perseverance, and positivity in seeing a property close.
- Lori Medak, Commercial Manager, Fidelity National Title
There are lots of choices for me to send my client referrals to, but Jon is one that takes the utmost care with my important client relationships. He has been able to work through difficult situations and always leaves a favorable impression with the client. He relies not on overt salesmanship, but rather on an earnest work ethic and positive forward-looking focus. He has completed several complicated transactions for my clients, and I would highly recommend him for his ability to identify client goals and his ability to execute through both up and down markets.
- Matt Vance, Partner and Chief Investment Officer, VergePointe Capital
If it weren’t for Jon, over the term of our lease, we would unknowingly be paying $4,800 more per month in rent – capital that we’re now able to invest in our operations. He proved to me the value of using a broker...
- Scott Hughes, Evans Components, Inc.
I have worked with many different brokers over the years. Jon’s market knowledge, level of integrity and persistence places Jon at the top of them.
- Sid G. Businessman, NY, NY
With over 40 years of experience as an Industrial broker I have worked with enough brokers to know when I have the best. Very few brokers would have the professionalism to stay on task and truly represent the client.
- Rob Steinhart, Senior Executive VP, Colliers International, Philadelphia
Jon Rubey has been a wonderful part of our team for years…and he treats our needs as an organization as if they were his own. He has a wonderful sense of seeing these needs, expressing them professionally and honestly to our constituents and our potential business partners, and closing the deal when all feels right.
- Joe Connell, VP of Retail Operations, Habitat for Humanity
…we TRULY appreciate your consultative, wholistic approach to your job…We appreciate you.
- Bob Harding, President, Chief Operating Officer, Pacific West Bank
Jon is at the top of our list of commercial real estate brokers! He’s creative, smart, fair, communicative and honorable in the way he conducts business. Over the past decade, Pacific NW Properties has completed more successful leases with Jon than any other broker in the Portland area! That’s a huge feat, and something we’re very proud of.
- Evan Bernstein, Director of Leasing & Acquisitions, Partner, Pacific NW Properties
Keys to success in manufacturing include understanding customer needs, doing the best job possible, and always being accountable for the results. Jon Rubey embodies these tenets in his approach and execution for lease and sale opportunities.
- Tyee Harpster, President, Allstar Magnetics