Jon is an experienced industrial broker known and trusted throughout the northwest since 2006 in advising national, regional, and local business and property owners in the sales, leasing, strategic planning, build to suit process, and site analysis of commercial properties.
His experience and expertise include: Creative problem-solving, Strategic negotiation, Clear concise communication, Dedicated approach & proactive results
He has helped numerous local and regional companies grow and expand into multiple locations throughout Oregon, including Crow Holdings – who turned to Jon and his team for assistance with the leasing and disposition of their 400,000 SF industrial project in Tualatin.
Jon is also one of the founding members of the Manufacturing Affinity Group (magnw.org) for Oregon and SW Washington and was on the board of Fair Flies, a cutting edge ethically sourced fly fishing company.
He lives in Lake Oswego with his wife and two boys. When he is not on the field coaching his sons, he can be found fly fishing the surrounding waters in the pacfic northwest.
- Generated more than $130,500,000 in transaction value in the past 5-years.
- Named the top broker for client satisfaction for Colliers Portland for three consecutive years
- Ranked as a top performer for the Portland office in sales transaction volume for non-institutional and owner user buildings since 2016.
- Jon is also an Entertainment and Creative Re-use Specialist with vast experience in assisting sports and family entertainment groups.
Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design and Marketing, Pacific Lutheran University
Colliers International "Knowledge Partner" Designation
Memberships & Involvements
Manufacturing Affinity Group - Co-Leader
Fair Flies- Past Board of Directors
Lake Oswego Young Life
Pacific Lutheran University Football Hall of Fame
- Habitat for Humanity: Restore (multiple locations)
- Interior Technology (multiple locations)
- Evans Components (multiple locations)
- Western Oregon Conference Association of Seventh-Day Adventists
- Kinco International
- Sky High Sports Portland
- Next Adventure
- Cartwright Companies
- Crow Holdings
- Investment Development Management (multiple locations)
- Fite Development Co.
- The Circuit Bouldering Gyms
- Boydstun Equipment Manufacturing
- Stockbridge Capital
- Crimson Trace
- Skate World (multiple locations)
- Ironman 4x4 (multiple locations) - 67,778 SF
- American Furniture Retnals, Inc. - 38,244 SF
- AllStar Magnetics - 16,467 SF
- Commercial Air FIltration - 20,700 SF
“I have never experienced a broker with such patience, perseverance and positivity in seeing a property close.” -Lori Medak, Commercial Manager, Fidelity National Title
“If it weren’t for Jon, over the term of our lease, we would unknowingly be paying $4,800 more per month in rent – capital that we’re now able to invest in our operations. He proved to me the value of using a broker...” - Scott Hughes, Evans Components, Inc.
“[It was Jon’s] working with the buyer, negotiating and bringing in ideas that got him [the buyer] to finally take action…In today’s world [Jon] proved that you can do business in this kind of a down market and still maintain a high level of integrity." -Don Ballantyne, Property Owner
"Jon Rubey and Colliers International did a great job of protecting our interests as well as the interests of our tenant in a building that I own. He structured an agreement that gave me some protection during the slow time in the marketing cycle and at the same time gave our tenant the flexibility they were looking for in searching for a purchase of their own." - Todd Hess
“Jon Rubey has been a wonderful part of our team for years. I say part of our team because the work he does for us is integral to our growth, and he treats our needs as an organization as if they were his own. He has a wonderful sense of seeing these needs, expressing them professionally and honestly to our constituents and our potential business partners, and closing the deal when all feels right.” - Joe Connell, VP of Retail Operations | Habitat for Humanity