Managing Director - VAS
License # Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri
John Deverick Jordan, MAI is the Managing Director | US Multifamily Leader in the Dallas, TX office of Colliers International Valuation & Advisory Services (CIVAS). Mr. Jordan has been engaged in the real estate industry in excess of thirty-five (35) years.
Mr. Jordan has appraisal experience with nearly every property type. His previous firm, Deverick & Associates, Inc. (D&A) merged with CIVAS in 2019. D&A had completed assignments nationally, from as far as Alaska to Maine. Between 2015 and 2019, the firm completed in excess of 2,500 multi-family appraisals, accounting for several billion in value. D&A was one of the top five appraisal firms by volume utilized by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
In addition to the appraisal industry, I have purchased multifamily complexes in the D/FW market and have successfully repositioned value add properties. As of 2021, I'm a general partner in a value add redevelopment apartment complex in East Dallas, and a limited partner in multiple apartments, offices and other properties. I consult with several REITs, and have successfully brokered several acquisitions, mortgage loans, and third-party management.
During my tenure in the real estate industry, I've been self-employed since my second year out of college until I merged my previous firm with CIVAS.
I have been the primary broker on several acquisitions inclusive of a $90 million+ purchase of a two phase Class A apartment complex in Dallas.
In 2021, one of my entities represented the buyer and the seller on a four property, Class A multifamily portfolio in the D/FW market which is now valued north of $200 million.
In 2020, during the middle of the pandemic, I helped negotiate a new 400,000+ SF office lease and successfully co-brokered a $100 million+ loan for the repositioning of a single-tenant building in Irving, TX. This is a building in which I am a passive investor and which was purchased from MetLife.
University of Oklahoma - 1980 - 1984
APPRAISAL INSTITUTE COURSES
- Standards of Professional Practice (A)
- Standards of Professional Practice (B)
- Standards of Professional Practice (C)
- Real Estate Appraisal Principles
- Basic Valuation Procedures
- Capitalization Theory and Techniques (A)
- Capitalization Theory and Techniques (B)
- Case Studies in Real Estate Valuation
- Valuation Analysis and Report Writing
- The Appraisal Complete Review
- Advanced Sales Comparison and Cost Approach
- Highest & Best Use/Market Analysis
- Review Theory- General
- Business Practices and Ethics
- Attacking and Depending an Appraisal in Litigation
- Fundamentals of Separating Real Property
- Personal Property and Intangible Business Assets
- Supervising Appraisal Trainees
- Real Estate Appraisal Operations
OTHER PERTINENT COURSES
- Real Estate Law
- Real Estate Contracts
- Texas Property Tax Law 2009 (IREP # 4299)
- Preparing and Presenting an Ethical Ad Valorem Property Tax Appeal (IREP #4298)
- Section 8/HUD Rent Comparability Studies
- Affordable Housing Appraisal Seminar – RTC
- Appraisal Practices for Litigation
Memberships & Involvements
- Member of the Appraisal Institute, MAI # 10572
- Past Member and Advisor of the National Assoc. of Real Estate Appraisers
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of Texas License Number 0365933
- Texas State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, Certificate # TX-1321156-G
- Past Associate Member of Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- Past Licensed Tax Consultant, State of Texas