Managing Owner | Market Leader
License # ID # DB46889 / OR # 201237182
Jim serves as the Managing Partner and Market Leader for the Colliers Idaho offices (Boise, Nampa, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls and Pocatello). In this role, he oversees all aspects of the brokerage and property management services, business development and departmental objectives. Jim is licensed as a Broker in Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Montana and Oregon, providing clients access to multiple markets throughout the West.
Prior to joining Colliers, Jim was an Executive Vice President & Partner at Phillips Edison & Company. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, Jim helped complete over $300M of ground-up development and acquisition of net-lease properties throughout the United States.
Jim was CEO and President of HGM Medical Lasers based in Salt Lake City, Utah which manufactured and distributed lasers worldwide. He oversaw all aspects of the business, including procurement, manufacturing, engineering, regulatory compliance, sales & marketing and accounting. He increased value of the company tenfold at the time of the sale and was honored with a nomination for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for the turn-around of the business.
Jim’s professional experience also includes 25 years as an attorney practicing almost exclusively in real estate services. He practiced with Isaacson, Rosenbaum, Woods & Levy in Denver, Colorado and Parsons Behle & Latimer in Salt Lake City, Utah.
2022 CEO of Influence Award - Idaho Business Review
Nominee Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Honored Professional - National Register's Who's Who in Executives and Professionals
Jim has a Bachelor of Arts, History and Public Policy degree from Duke University. He is also a graduate of the University of Denver, College of Law, JD and Daniels College of Business, MBA. While attending Duke, he was a member of the Men's Varsity Baseball team.
Memberships & Involvements
- Member of North Carolina, Colorado and Utah Bar Associations
- Designated Real Estate Broker - Idaho
- Responsible Broker - Wyoming
- Supervising Broker - Montana
- Real Estate Sales Agent - Utah
- Principal Broker - Oregon
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Idaho (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- Howe Sportsdata International (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- Adams Camp for Developmentally Disabled Children (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- Salt Lake Arts Center (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- Former Head Coach of the East High School Baseball Team in Salt Lake City
Walgreens, 7Eleven, Family Dollar, Mattress Firm, Advance Auto Parts, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Del Taco, Starbucks, Raising Canes, Aspen Dental, Winco Foods, Carl's Jr., Weingarten Group, American Ski Company, Hines Development and Prentiss Properties, Home Depot, Fifth/Third Bank, BMO Harris and Prologis Trust.