Principal | Houston
License # 355281
Jim Pratt has more than 35 years’ experience in commercial real estate. Prior to joining Colliers in 2009, he was a Principal with NAI Houston. In addition to representing tenants, buyers and sellers of real estate, Jim has represented many institutional and private owners in the leasing of office and industrial properties and has developed an in-depth understanding of the dynamics involved and what makes a deal work for both tenants and landlords. He is known for his significant creativity in the structuring of unique solutions for complex assignments, resulting in “win-win” transactions. His analytical skills and his ability to communicate the pertinent facts throughout the negotiation process have produced significant results.
Jim has represented tenants and owners ranging from local entrepreneurs to large corporations in transactions in Houston and throughout North America, completing more than 100 assignments outside of Texas. He has handled all types of industrial and land requirements in addition to offices leases, and the acquisition and disposition of all types of real estate. In the last economic downturn, Jim helped structure sale/leasebacks providing significant liquidity for one of his clients. Jim is currently assisting clients with the evaluation and implementation of this same strategy, as well as lease restructuring where applicable.
Prior to entering commercial real estate in 1985, Jim served as a project manager on several multi-million dollar commercial construction projects for W.S. Bellows Construction Corporation. His educational background in architecture has also proven invaluable in assisting landlords and tenants in the evaluation process involved in site selection.
- Colliers' Top 10 Producer (2012, 2016)
- Colliers Titan Award (2012 – 2020)
- Colliers' Everest Club (2013, 2016)
- CRE Industrial Heavy Hitter Houston Business Journal (2017)
- Real Estate Sales Agent's License, Texas
- MBA, University of Houston
- Bachelor of Environmental Design and Bachelor of Science in Building Construction, Texas A&M University
Memberships & Involvements
- Fort Bend Christian Academy Trustee
- Second Mile Mission Center Board Member
- Class Agent with the Association of Former Students at Texas A&M University
- AFGlobal, Inc. – Sale/Leaseback Transactions and excess land sales
- TPC Group – 100-Acre Land Disposition
- Dalfen USA – 1601 Gillingham; 330,000-SF Industrial Leasing Assignment with 100 Occupancy Achieved and Subsequent Sale of the Property
- Hari Agrawal – 120,000-SF Multi-Tenant Office Building Acquisition
- Westbrook Manufacturing – Edmonton Canada Lease and Renewal
- PBP Inc. – 50-Acre Land Sale and 520,000-SF Build-to-Suit
- Wood MacKenzie – Houston & Boston Office Leases and Multiple Expansions
- CL & F Resources, LP – Corporate Office Relocation
- Powell Industries, Inc. – 20-Acre Land Acquisition
- PetroQuest Energy, LLC – Multiple Leases, Corporate Office Relocation
- SI Group – 96 acres of excess land sold
Senior Client Services Specialist | Fort Bend
Houston - Sugar Land
Marie Patterson joined Colliers in 2003 after five years with Insignia/ESG assisting the Executive Director as Marketing and Research Coordinator. She currently supports the Managing Director and brokerage team of the Colliers Fort Bend office in Sugar Land. Her diverse background also includes proposal preparation, advertising, HR and office management, and administrative support in the retail construction and civil engineering fields.
Marie serves as liaison between principals, clients and prospects, and assists in prospecting, business development and market research. She consistently produces high-quality marketing materials, including offering memoranda, flyers, proposals and presentations. Additionally, she is knowledgeable in the use of real estate software programs and websites, and is instrumental in the maintenance and web advertising of property listings.
Marie earned both the Commercial Property Marketing Certification (CPMC) and Commercial Property Research Certification (CPRC) from Colliers University. CPMC and CPRC are the first and only accreditations for commercial real estate marketing and research professionals. It offers a professional development path to increase strategic and tactical expertise in marketing/research, knowledge of the industry and capabilities with commercial real estate tools.
Director of Market Research | Houston
Lisa joined Colliers in 2010 as Director of Market Research and has 37 years of commercial real estate experience. Lisa initiates proactive market research projects to further the business goals of the company. She writes and prepares 29 market reports annually, including quarterly reports on Houston's retail, office, industrial and healthcare properties. Further, she prepares statistical ownership reports for various clients as well as an annual Houston Economic Overview. Lisa also creates PowerPoint market presentations, trade journal articles, and other marketing materials supporting the company's business endeavors. She works with senior management in planning the company's marketing strategy and public relations support for local and national conferences, luncheon meetings, recruitment programs, and special events. Lisa works closely with the company's brokers to develop effective custom market research material specific to existing and potential clients.
Lisa serves on the Colliers Editorial Board, the Colliers U.S. Research Council, and is a recipient of the Colliers Researcher of the Year Award.
Lisa earned the Commercial Property Research Certification (CPRC) from Colliers University. CPRC is the first and only accreditation for commercial real estate research professionals. It offers a professional development path to increase strategic and tactical expertise in marketing/research, knowledge of the industry and capabilities with commercial real estate tools.
Director, Financial Analytics | Houston
Bringing 32 years of experience in commercial real estate, Marilynne joined Colliers in 2018 to provide financial analysis to the company’s leasing and investment sales teams for all types of assets, including the following types of financial analysis:
- lease renewal and relocation comparisons
- mid-term lease renegotiations (“blend and extend”)
- lease buyouts
- sublease disposition/recovery
- comparison of build-to-suit/designbuild to lease
- lease vs. buy
- own vs. sale/leaseback
- landlord net effective rate and IRR
- investor discounted cash flow analysis
- direct capitalization
Prior to joining Colliers, she also specialized in advising companies regarding their financial analysis for commercial real estate requirements or investments for 17 years. Marilynne also has a background in commercial mortgage underwriting/loan originations and commercial real estate appraisal.