As the founding partner of the Colliers Scottsdale office and senior executive vice president for Colliers in Arizona, Jim Keeley leads the Scottsdale office and serves as its designated broker.
Considered one of the leading commercial real estate experts in the Deer Valley and Loop 101 Employment Base and the Scottsdale Airpark, Jim specializes in the sale and leasing of office, industrial and flex buildings, land, and aviation properties.
He serves as a broker and advisor to developers and users in the purchase, sale, and lot layout of business, office and industrial land subdivisions. He also consults with and negotiates on behalf of owners, users and developers on build-to-suits.
With more than 40 years of industry experience as a sales leader, developer and real estate consultant, Jim has developed and owned office and industrial buildings, aviation hangars, convenience markets, and lot subdivisions.
He embraces the full-service “Cradle to Grave” approach to commercial real estate:
• Step 1 – Identifying the site and negotiating the purchase on behalf of the client
• Step 2 – Using a team approach to lease up the property on behalf of the investor, developer and user
• Step 3 – Selling the asset at the highest value in the shortest amount of time on behalf of the owner
Jim began working in the Scottsdale Airpark in 1981, and founded Classic Real Estate Corporation in 1983. To expand its presence in the Loop 101 Employment Base (Scottsdale Airpark, Desert Ridge, Deer Valley Airpark), he sold 50 percent interest in Classic to Colliers in 1998 and another 20 percent interest in 2008.
A native Arizonan, Jim is married with four children and am actively involved in supporting his community.
- 2021, 2020, 2019 – Colliers Everest Club, recognizing the Top 10% of Producers in the U.S.
- 2021 - #7 Top Producer, Colliers Arizona
- 2020 - #5 Top Producer, Colliers Arizona
- 2014 - Inducted into the Scottsdale History Makers Hall of Fame
- Since 1983, Jim has sold ±5,000 acres of business, office, and industrial subdivisions and lots, including the majority of office, industrial, and taxiway lots in the Scottsdale Airpark, and large industrial subdivisions in the Deer Valley market, including the latest Amazon Fulfillment Center
- Since 1983, the Scottsdale office has completed over 5,500 transactions totaling over $3 billion, which includes my personal production of over 1,500 transactions for over $1 billion
- Creator of the "Loop 101 Employment Base" and known as “Mr. Scottsdale Airpark”
- Published and quoted in over 300 magazine and newspaper articles
- Awarded the SIOR designation from the Society of Industrial & Office Realtors®, the leading professional commercial and industrial real estate association. The designation is a professional symbol of the highest level of knowledge, production and ethics in the real estate industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Business with Sociology Minor, Eller College of Management, University of Arizona
Memberships & Involvements
- Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA), Board of Directors, 2013 to 2019
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- CCIM - Certified Commercial Investment Member
- SIOR - Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Colliers | Arizona Leadership Council
- First Fidelity Bank, Board Member, 1999 to present
- Scottsdale Charros, charitable fundraising organization, 1990 to present
- Scottsdale Leadership (Past President)
- Discount Tire – Bruce Halle
- Herberger Enterprises
- Alliance Bank/Phoenix Suns – Robert Sarver
- Barrett Jackson – Craig Jackson
- First Fidelity Bank – Bill Cameron