Executive Vice President
License # CA DRE #01367562
Jay Sternberg is an Executive Vice President and leads Occupier Services Bay Area (OSBA) in San Francisco. OSBA specializes in occupier representation providing clients with a platform of integrated services on local, national, and global levels. Jay is responsible for developing and implementing high-level strategies, managing overall operations and resources of the team, and providing clients with a senior point of contact. Jay utilizes his background in business finance to represent the interests of his corporate portfolio clients and local businesses, ranging from Fortune 100 firms to venture capital-funded growth companies.
- Jay is a founding partner of Occupier Services Bay Area in San Francisco and serves on the company’s Occupier Services Board of Directors.
- In addition to being Colliers San Francisco’s #1 producer in 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Jay has been a top 10 producer each year from 2006-2020 and was recognized by the San Francisco Business Times for the 2010 Best Office Lease in San Francisco.
- ·In 2014, Jay completed the 450,000 square foot lease on behalf of LinkedIn, which is the 4th largest office lease in the history of San Francisco and was recognized by the San Francisco Business Times for Office Deals of the Year.
- In 2016, Jay represented LinkedIn in the highly publicized “Swap” with Google that was awarded Deal of the Year by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- Jay was also featured as one of Real Estate Forum’s “50 Under 40”.
- Jay was honored with the Global Mentorship Award in 2020. The Mentorship Award recognizes someone who embodies what it means to be a Colliers professional, who shares great ideas and has worked to accelerate the development of his or her colleagues’ business and careers.
Jay Sternberg graduated from St. Ignatius College Preparatory in San Francisco and then went on to receive a Bachelor of Science in Finance from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Jay is a San Francisco native and has grown up in a family deeply involved in the Bay Area real estate industry. Jay joined Colliers International – San Francisco in 2002.
Memberships & Involvements
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- CoreNet Global
- San Francisco Real Estate Exchange
- License Flyfishing Guide
- California Trout
- Twin Cities Little League
Jay is actively involved in the Marin County and San Francisco communities. He serves on the Board of Directors for Twin Cities Little League and is an active supporter of Cal Trout, March of Dimes, City of Dreams, and the First Tee. Jay also remains involved with the University of Colorado and St. Ignatius Alumni Associations.
Representative Corporate Portfolio Clients
- Adobe Systems
- Coldwell Banker
Representative Clients and Projects
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- BlackRock, Inc.
- EMCOR Energy Services, Inc.
- Eventbrite, Inc.
- Gordon H. Chong & Partners
- National Football League Players Associations
- OUM & Co., LLP
- Pacific Exchange, Inc.
- PNC Financial Services Group
- Presidio Financial Group, LLC
- Principal Life Insurance Company
- RSM McGladery, Inc.
- Shea Labagh Dobberstein Certified Public Accountants, Inc.
- Silve Lake Financial
- Table Rock Capital
- The Zllerbach Family Foundation
Please contact me for introductions to specific clients / references