PE, LEED AP
Senior Director C&E Services
I am a visual thinker. Using sticky notes, color-coded one-line diagrams, charts and graphs, and simple flow charts I puzzle through technical, organizational, and long-term planning issues. In engineering, this lends itself more to operational expertise than computational, and my most rewarding professional experiences are those where I embed myself into facilities operations departments. From the inside, I have truly learned and understand the operations perspective and enjoy bringing that experience to all my projects and clients.
Nothing makes me prouder in my professional life than the work of my Commissioning and Energy Services team. Their commitment to our clients is unparalleled and we are making a positive impact on the people that live, work, study, and heal in the buildings we commission. Our collaborative approach to energy savings produces conservation that lasts long after we have completed the project because we have worked together with the facilities personnel and trained them in the “why” and “how” of the savings measures. These projects positively affect the environment, the people that utilize these spaces, and the financial bottom line for our clients.
In my current role, I am working to develop new systems and processes, including introducing new technology, to allow our multi-disciplined team to more efficiently and effectively implement our services. I am an active volunteer in my community serving on multiple boards and committees and my family and I enjoy spending time outdoors hiking and camping.
- Building Commissioning Certification Board (Present)
- Building Commissioning Association’s Best Practices Committee, New Building Commissioning (Past)
- Building Commissioning Association's Best Practices Committee, Existing Building Commissioning (Past)
Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Memberships & Involvements
- Member, Building Commissioning Association
- Bentley University
- JP Morgan Asset Management
- MA Division of Capital Asset Management & Maintenance
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Northfield Mount Hermon School
- Old Saybrook Public Schools
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- University of Connecticut Health Center
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Wellesley College
- Yale School of Medicine