Senior Director, Project Management
I began my career in construction, where I spent 15 years managing construction of commercial and industrial buildings. After witnessing several projects begin with bad information, unrealistic timelines and cost expectations that didn’t meet the market, I moved into project management to ensure my clients had an industry expert as their advocate. Today, I head Colliers International's project management team in the Midwest.
My experience in design, construction and management of large portfolios of property helps ensure that the total real estate picture is considered in any transaction. My abilities range from strategic occupancy planning, to site analysis and selection, negotiation support, design, construction and move management. I have managed the selection, design and construction of more than 140 million square feet of real estate with total project values exceeding $2 billion. I have managed numerous types of projects including corporate headquarters, public buildings, redevelopment and repositioning of facilities, mission critical facilities, warehouse and industrial development, retail, multi-family, medical office and commercial interiors.
I work with senior management to understand their business goals and translate those into facility decisions that are completed on time and on budget while meeting the highest quality standards. I am the one constant from the concept through to occupancy and beyond.
Prior to joining Colliers, I founded and built the project management business unit at CB Richard Ellis and Equis. I am one of the pioneers of client oriented project management and help each client ensure they have an expert on their side during any facility project.
With a bachelor's degree in architecture, I have additional training through the Project Management Institute, Corenet Global and The United States Green Building Council.
- BA, Architecture, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Project Management Institute
- CoreNet Global
- United States Green Building Council
- Agility Logistics
- Elkay Manufacturing
- Fresenius Medical Care
- U.S. Cellular
- SAP Fieldglass
- The Northern Trust Company
- Nuveen Investments
- Day International
- The British School of Chicago
- Harbor Capital Funds
- Marshall Gerstein & Borun
- Humana Healthcare
- ABC Capital Cities
- Dow Chemical Company
- Charter One Bank
- Fleet Bank
- Washington Mutual
- Cardinal Health
- NCR Corporation
Associate Project Manager
Chicago - Downtown
Working with industry veteran Don Jenkins, I deliver support for Midwest construction project management services. As Project Manager I work with Colliers’ clients to help them create and occupy a new space that will support their business strategy and then help manage the complexities behind it.
Prior to joining Colliers I have enjoyed a career in commercial real estate development and construction management in the Chicago and St. Louis markets. My background includes successful history delivering project management, planning, reporting, scheduling and public engagement for new construction, reinvestment, retail development and interior projects. It is this diverse combination of retail and commercial interiors that enables me to understand the requirements of customer-focused spaces and apply knowledge gained from all disciplines.
Director Construction Management
Chicago - Rosemont
With a proven background and understanding of the physical and financial management aspects of office and industrial properties, I support construction and redevelopment in Colliers International’s Project Management Group. I have experience in commercial building maintenance and building system improvements and have supervised numerous tenant interior projects and budgeted capital expenses.
In my 10-year career, I have worked for companies such as Draper and Kramer and Century 21 Pro-Team supervising assignments ranging from property management and selling and leasing to tenant interiors.
At Colliers International, I started as an assistant property manager and was integral in developing and implementing operating expense budgets, client and tenant relations, and building capital projects. I also play a key role in budgets for numerous projects for clients ranging from lighting retrofits to Tenant Improvements.
My specific project experience includes:
- Tallgrass Corporate Center in Bolingbrook, a project involving the conversion of a 548,000-square-foot building from single tenant to a multi-tenant Class A office building. Renovations included the installation of a fire panel, new elevators and controls, new tenant spaces, and common area amenities.
- Served as owner’s representative for three retail tenant improvement assignments at 730 N. Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Valued at more than $6 million, these projects for Victoria’s Secret, Anthropologie and Nordstrom Rack totaled more than 81,000 square feet.
- $2 million, 120,000-square-foot tenant improvement project for Comcast in Romeoville
- DS Containers’ 80,000-square-foot project in Batavia, valued at $500,000
- $2 million demolition and subsequent improvement of the 320,000-square-foot McKesson facility in Carol Stream