Principal and Executive Vice President
David Burden leads Occupier Services Chicago Area, a team that provides transaction and corporate advisory real estate services from Chicago across NA and the world. David advises clients locally and accounts globally for space requirements in office, lab, industrial, retail, hospitality and specialty uses. His experience stems from thousands of lease and sale transactions ranging from small offices to headquarters, restaurants, land and distribution spaces to manufacturing.
David is currently the director of the firm's Life Sciences Practice Group, working closely with biotech companies. He is also a founding member of the Tenant Advisory Council (fka Occupier Services Group) consisting of the firm's Top 100 "Tenant Rep" brokers who colloborate on multi-city assignments globally. His hospitality, food company and financial services clients also hve given him the opportunity to develop expertise in Retail Services Group and as member of the Food & Beverage Practice Group. He and his team of transaction management professionals take a comprehensive approach to be a one-stop point of contact for account management, lease administration, workplace strategy, labor analytics, capital markets, project management, demographics and incentives procurement services.
Prior to joining Colliers in 2008, he worked in similar corporate services capacities at CBRE and C&W. Earlier in his career, David worked on Capitol Hill in economic development roles before pursuing his MBA while working as a site selection consultant at Arthur Andersen LLP.
David and wife Kristy met at the University of Illinois, married in 2001, and are blessed with three sons.
- #1 Top Producer, Colliers Chicago 2019, 2018, 2014, 2010
- Most Multi-City Assignments (MCA’s) and Largest Number of Transactions Closed, Colliers Chicago, 2015 – 2019
- Colliers International Everest Club 2009 - 2022
- Service Provider of the Year, CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter, 2015
- Chicago Crain's Office Tenant Rep Broker of the Year, 2011, 2015, 2019, 2020
- CoStar Power Broker
MBA, Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
BA Economics, University of Illinois
Memberships & Involvements
- Life Sciences Practice Group
- Tenant Advisory Council (TAC)
- Food & Beverage Practice Group
- Education Services
- CoreNet Global, Chicago Board of Directors
- Chicago Office Leasing Brokers Association (COLBA)
- Kellogg Real Estate Alumni Club
- Illinois Real Estate Forum
- United Way
- American Cancey Society
Representative Clients & Projects
- AIG – 156,000 SF; 300 S. Riverside, Chicago (Regional Account)
- Allstate Insurance (HQ) – 400,000 SF; 2700 Saunders, Prospect Heights (National)
- Allstate Insurance – 153,000 SF; 4200 Hawthorne, Chubbuck, ID (National Account)
- Arjo NA (HQ) – 62,000 SF; 2349 W. Lake St., Addison (NAM Account)
- Arjo NA – 40,000 SF; 550 Matheson, Mississauga, ON (NAM Account)
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. – 487,000 SF; Two Pierce Pl., Itasca (NAM Account)
- BMO Harris – 58,000 SF; 201 S. Grove, Barrington, IL (Regional Account)
- British School of Chicago – 102,000 SF; 925 S. Wells, Chicago
- Canon USA - Sale of 20 acre campus with 2 office buildings and a warehouse (National Account)
- Corix Group (Utilities Inc.) – 27,000 SF; 500 W. Monroe, Chicago IAT Insurance Group (HQ) – 61,000 SF; 4200 Six Forks Rd, Raleigh, NC (National Account)
- Charles Schwab – 150,000 SF; 150 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago (Regional Account)
- Charles Schwab - BTS Retail Branches (So. Barrington, Northbrook, Oak Brook, Schaumburg)
- ConAgra/Ralcorp – 558,000 SF; 1 Quality Place, Buckner, KY (Divisional Account)
- ConAgra/Ralcorp – 412,000 SF; 215 N 700 W, Ogden, UT (Divisional Account)
- Convergint Technologies – 50,000 SF; One Commerce Dr., Schaumburg (Global Account)
- Home Partners of America (HQ) – 38,000 SF; 120 S. Riverside, Chicago
- IAT Insurance Group (HQ) – 61,000 SF; 4200 Six Forks Rd, Raleigh, NC (National Account)
- Nuveen Investments (HQ) – 200,000 SF; 333 W. Wacker, Chicago (National Account)
- Nuveen Investments – 55,000 SF; 901 Marquette, Minneapolis, MN (National Account)
- Nuveen Investments – 48,000 SF; 2049 Century Park East, Los Angeles, CA (National Account)
- Peapod (HQ) – 64,000 SF; 300 S. Riverside Plaza, Chicago
- Service Now – 48,000 SF; 1201 W. Lake, Chicago
- State Farm Insurance – 72,000 SF; 1400 Opus Pl., Downers Grove
- State Farm Insurance – 60,000 SF; 1500 Shure Dr., Arlington Heights
- Therma Tru – 348,000 SF; 8055 N. State Road 9, Howe, IN
- Valspar (HQ) – 60,000 SF(Sherwin Williams); O’Hare Plaza I, 8725 W. Higgins, Chicago
- Vanqua Bio - 22,000 SF, Fulton Labs, 1375 W Fulton, Chicago
- Wells Fargo, 230,000 SF; 11200 W. Parkland, Milwaukee, WI
"I cannot stress enough how pivotal David's consultative partnership and relentless advocacy was to the overwhelming success of this project. Complications and obstacles began almost immediately, in large part, because programming requirements remained fluid for nearly 2 years. David's ability to maximize his resources brought a depth of quantitative and qualititative demographics, logistics, amenities, signage, and branding opportunities, all which allowed for simplified review and decision making with my internal team. David's creativity to overcome challenges and his ability to create leverage position the negotiation in a light most favorable to Schwab and create strength with every proposal submitted. And further still was his undeniable granular expertise in the market, which help keep me informed about alternate sites, transactional data and other dynamic leverage points, terms and conditions."
- Barbara Fernandez, Portfolio Director, CRE, Charles Schwab & Co.
"David Burden has met and exceeded our very high standards on our HQ project. We have come to rely on his extensive experience and professional abilities as we work on our facilities and lease needs in other US cities. We trust him as a solid resource."
- Robert D. Luse, EVP, Human Resources, Nuveen Investments LLC
"Beyond the results, however, I have always been most impressed by David's absolute integrity in dealing with all parties."
- John W. Kneen, Partner, Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Co. (BPOC)
Senior Vice President
Chicago - Downtown
As a senior vice president within the Corporate Solutions team, I am focused on tenant representation services in Colliers International’s Chicago office. I specialize in the optimization of a company's real estate holdings through workplace strategy development and implementation, site selection, property disposition and acquisition, financial analysis and modeling, deal negotiation and construction project management. My clientele and area of focus is primarily in the downtown Chicago marketplace.
I am a leader on a team committed to delivering comprehensive real estate solutions to some of Colliers' most valued customers.
I have been recognized for exceptional service and am just one of a few professionals nationwide selected to play an active role in a development council that is focused on creating workplace solutions to satisfy the evolving demands of technology, space compression and design preferences while satisfying a wide range of work activities.
My team received the Service Provider of the Year award at the 2015 CoreNet Global REAL Awards, which recognizes exceptional service delivery on a consistent basis while bringing innovative ideas to the table.
I joined the Colliers team in August 2012. My prior work experience involved working as an associate director at Newmark Knight Frank where I specialized in tenant representation and corporate advisory services. While there, I represented a diverse group of clients who provided real estate strategies ranging from acquisitions and dispositions to lease restructures and consolidations.
I previously served as an associate vice president at UGL Equis, where I provided tenant-focused commercial real estate advisory services.
Chicago - Downtown
I work as a financial analyst with Colliers’ occupier services team in Chicago, assisting with business development strategies, transaction management services, and market research for major office, industrial, healthcare, and life sciences tenants in the Chicagoland Area.
Previously, I worked in banking as a trade analyst for investment operations helping institutional investors make investment decisions based off of indepth market research.
Chicago - Rosemont
I serve as a financial analyst supporting a growing number of Colliers’ top office and industrial clients. In my role, I specialize in creating and analyzing complex lease, sale, sale leaseback, and investment financials for some of the top annual producers and multiple fortune 500 companies both in the US and around the world. I also work extensively with Colliers’ occupier services team in Chicago, assisting with business development strategies, transaction management services, and market research for major office, industrial, healthcare, and life sciences tenants in the Chicagoland Area.
Previously, I worked in real estate development consulting, helping both public and private developers with market and financial feasibility for major stadium, arena, mixed-use entertainment, and higher education developments throughout the United States.
Director, Transaction Management
Chicago - Downtown
Holly Pearson specializes in transaction management. Her responsibilities include lease negotiations, account process and alignment, client management, and financial analysis. Holly’s transaction experience spans from the inception of a transaction to the expiration. Holly is focused on achieving the best outcomes for her clients through clear communications, creative solutions, and innovative practices.
Before Colliers, Holly spent five years at CBRE starting in client services and spent most of her time in transaction management. Holly managed Uber’s US and Canada real estate portfolio for three of her five years at CBRE focusing on large scale disposition work and M&A company integrations.
Chicago - Downtown
Andrew joined the Chicago office of Colliers International in 2012 where he works with a unique team of brokers, analysts and client coordinators focused solely on delivering creative solutions to complex real estate challenges for occupiers based both in Chicago and nationally. He focuses on transactions and relationship management for corporate relationships. His projects include a 95,000 square-foot corporate headquarters redevelopment, relocation of a 100,000 square-foot enterprise-critical contact center and a restructure of a 130,000 square foot lease for both office and industrial occupiers.
He remained involved throughout the entire transaction, from strategic planning and site selection/space design through to lease negotiations and relocation management. Andrew is very active in Capital Markets-based analysis and research, identifying opportunities for below-market pricing in facilities that support his clients’ business objectives.
Prior to joining Colliers, Andrew spent over five years at DTZ/C&W where he focused on new business development both in Chicago and nationally and servicing existing client relationships.
Andrew attended Indiana University where he majored in Business Finance & Real Estate in the Kelley School of Business. Andy was an Evans Scholar at Indiana.