License # 583840
Mr. Gowell joined Colliers in 2015 as a Senior Associate in the Office Tenant Representation Group, where he focuses on business development, lease negotiations and transaction management. He began his career with Axis Tenant Advisors, and then joined CBRE representing office tenants across a wide variety of industries in their space acquisitions and dispositions throughout Houston.
Leveraging his experience, Darren successfully negotiates for his clients in all phases of the office leasing process. He was chosen for his people skills, industry experience, market knowledge, and exceptional ability to bring the right opportunities to our clients.
- Colliers' Titan Award (2021)
- Real Estate Sales Agent's License, Texas
- BBA, The University of Texas at Austin
- Spanish Studies, Wayra Institute, Tamarando
Memberships & Involvements
- Houston Office Leasing Brokers Association (HOLBA)
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church Member (28 years active)
- Coach at Post Oak Little League 2007-2011
Director, Financial Analytics
Bringing 32 years of experience in commercial real estate, Marilynne joined Colliers in 2018 to provide financial analysis to the company’s leasing and investment sales teams for all types of assets, including the following types of financial analysis:
- lease renewal and relocation comparisons
- mid-term lease renegotiations (“blend and extend”)
- lease buyouts
- sublease disposition/recovery
- build-to-suit vs. design-build
- lease vs. buy
- own vs. sale/leaseback
- landlord net effective rate
- discounted cash flows
Prior to joining Colliers, she specialized in advising companies regarding their financial analysis for commercial real estate requirements or investments for 17 years. Marilynne also has a background in commercial mortgage underwriting/loan originations and commercial real estate appraisal.