License # RS362949
I am an Associate at Colliers | Pittsburgh specializing in Industrial and Investment properties. My responsibilities include developing client relations, executing brokerage assignments, consulting, and market valuations. I started my sales career at ADP in small business development. I completed their sales training, which was an unmatched, in-person program that allowed for rapid development of basic sales skills. At the same time, I purchased a distressed residential property and worked to educate myself on how to rehabilitate the property from the ground up. My experience in real estate ignited a drive in me to learn as much as I can about the industry. With my interest in real estate, and experience in business-to-business sales, brokerage was the clear path for me to take with my career. I am passionate about what I do, and highly value the clients that I work to serve.
- Achieved 289% of my yearly quota in my first year in sales.
- Created a training deck (Organizing the Sales Process) that was a training tool which aided in the rapid development of 1st year sales reps.
- Constructed and led a national sales training effort.
- One of fourteen sales representatives that developed the first virtual-channel sales effort in the post covid environment.
- Purchased and rehabilitated a distressed property from the ground up.
- Allegheny College - Degree in Economics – 2019
- Completion of my senior thesis, “Automation and How it has Affected Employment in Walmart”
- Was selected to be a tour guide in September of 2018 and maintained that role until I graduated the following year.
Memberships & Involvements
- NAIOP Pittsburgh – 2021
- Founding member of Avalon Borough’s CDC – Community Development Corporation - "Grow Avalon" - 2022
- Elected to the board of directors as treasurer - 2022
- Christina Graheck – Previous Immediate Manager (last worked under Christina – 03/2021) – Virtual New Business DSM
- "Cody has been a leader on my team since his first day. He jumped right in and started dialogues with me about next steps in his career and his long term goals. I felt immediately comfortable putting him in a leadership role on my team and he has not let me down. His constant energy, innovative approach and ability to somehow find extra hours in the day for a million different things, it seems, made him a go-to for my other reps. He is a natural leader and a motivator.”
- William Lang –Sr. Virtual New Business DSM
- “I have know Cody Hunt for just a short time, but I have been extremely impressed with his work ethic, organization and leadership skills. I had the pleasure to work with Cody recently on a National training he created and presented to our entire VNB Division, and couldn’t have been more impressed with his conduct & professionalism. Cody has a great passion for coaching and helping others, as well as a fantastic attitude. I look forward to being able to work with him again on future projects, and see him as a great person and asset….”
Regional Principal | Investment Services
I have been involved in the commercial real estate industry for 30 years, with a focus on investment property sales and owner-occupier sales, both as a representative for sellers and an acquisition advisor for buyers. I was the Managing Partner for Colliers in Pittsburgh for eight years. Prior to joining Colliers International | Pittsburgh, I was the Managing Director and Founding Principal at NAI Pittsburgh Commercial, which was the Western Pennsylvania regional representative of NAI Global. Before that, I was the Director of Commercial Real Estate for NRT/Coldwell Banker Commercial in the Western Pennsylvania Market.
As a Regional Principal for Colliers International in Pittsburgh, I oversee the day-to-day operations of Colliers International's Investment Sales & Capital Markets division, as well as assisting the Market Leader in the growth of the office in Western PA. I have been involved is some of Pittsburgh largest real estate sale transactions, including: Parkway Center, a 620,000 SF seven office building portfoloio; Center City Tower, a 320,000 SF office tower in Pittsburgh's CBD; 31st STreet Studios, a 240,000 SF industrial riverfront complex; and Rock Airport, a 253 acre business and air park just north of downtown Pittsburgh. Additionally, I have marketed over 800 properties for sale via real estate auctions.
I take community service very seriously and have been involved in many charitable endeavors in Pittsburgh over the years, including:
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Western PA: top fundraiser over the past 15 years for the MS 150 Bike Ride and MS Walk, personally raising over $250,000
Central Catholic High School in Pittsburgh PA: head coach, wrestling and soccer; and volunteer assistant soccer coach
Bloomfield Meals on Wheels in Pittsburgh PA: member of the board of director and treasurer; provides meals for the elderly
Golden Carriage in Pittsburgh PA: member of the board of directors; provides transportation services to the elderly
ADA Step Out Walk: participant for 3 years
ALS CEO Soak: participant for 2 years
Managing Director/Market Leader
I am a Principal at Colliers International | Pittsburgh and I am the team leader for the industrial team. I have been involved in the commercial real estate business for more than 21 years, with a focus on developing client relations, executing industrial brokerage assignments, site selection and real estate related consulting and market valuations. Prior to joining Colliers International | Pittsburgh, I spent more than five years with NAI Pittsburgh Commercial, the Westen Pennsylvania regional representative of NAI Global, and 13 years with the Grubb & Ellis Company as Vice President of Industrial Brokerage. I worked extensively with prominent local and national real estate users, investors and developers such as CBS Corporation, Matthews International, McKnight Capital Group, Sampson Morris Group, Walnut Capital, The Buncher Company and Pittsburgh Industrial Parks.
I am a professional with expertise in marketing and communications. I am currently the Marketing Coordinator of Colliers International's office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, using collaboration and a unique skill set to design marketing materials. I am tasked with designing marketing materials, including property flyers, overview books, pitch presentations, email marketing; and provides administrative support to the Retail, Landlord Represenation, Industrial & Occupier Services Brokerage Teams. Along with creating and managing content for our local company blog and social media platforms.