Senior Vice President
Companies across the U.S. rely on me to provide with the real estate side of their supply chain, where I assist them with the acquisition of ‘mission-critical’ distribution facilities. I also work on industrial real estate projects in the greater Chicago area – specifically along the I-55, I-80, and I-88 Corridors – representing tenants, as well as developers and property owners, in the sale leasing of industrial real estate facilities.
At Colliers International, I am a senior vice president within the Industrial Advisory Group and a founding member of the Colliers Logistics and Transportation Solutions Group.
With more than 20 years of experience, I am highly-skilled in all facets of the corporate real estate process. I have been nicknamed “The Elephant Killer” by my peers, a reference to my ability to complete very large and challenging transactions.
I have worked with the Illinois Office of Real Estate Research on valuation projects, and my articles and columns are regularly published in academic and trade journals.
Prior to joining Colliers in 1997, I was president of my family real estate firm in downstate Illinois.
CoStar PowerBroker Awards:
- Named a top 25 Chicago leasing broker (2003, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2017)
- Ttransactions were named “Chicago's Featured Industrial Leases” (2003, 2006)
Chicago Chapter of NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties) – Awards for Excellence:
- Industrial Transaction of the Year, Winner (2004), Finalist (2003, 2006, 2010, 2015, 2016)
- Industrial Development of the Year, Winner (2004), Finalist (2003, 2006)
- Industrial Build-to-Suit of the Year, Winner (2004), Finalist (2008)
- Industrial Investment Transaction of the Year, Finalist (2004, 2008)
Greater Chicago Commercial Real Estate Awards:
- Development of the Year, Finalist (2005)
- Build-to-Suit Project of the Year, Winner (2004), Finalist (2003)
- Industrial Broker of the Year, Finalist (2003)
Charles completed one of the largest industrial real estate transactions in North America; the sale of a 1,546,872 square-foot distribution center in Manteno, IL to Kmart Corporation.
- MBA, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Memberships & Involvements
- Colliers Logistics and Transportation Group
- Industrial Asset Management Council (IAMC)
- Affiliated Foods Midwest
- Aisin Corporation
- Brunswick Corporation
- DCT Industrial
- Duke Realty Group
- Exeter Property Group
- First Industrial Realty Trust
- General Dynamics
- H.S.A. Development
- James Campbell Company
- LaSalle Investment Management
- Liberty Property Trust
- Love's Travel Centers
- Michaels Stores
- Opus Group
- Panattoni Development
- Pilot/Flying J Travel Centers
- Ridgeline Development
- Sterling Bay
- TA Associates
- Waste Management
"Charles represented a company interested in build-to-suit at First Park Kenosha, a 168 acre business park I was involved in developing. The transaction had more than it's share of challenges, timing, complexity and financing among them. The 731,000 square foot building was situated on 98 acres and was the largest transaction in the region completed by First Industrial in 2008.
As a result of Chuck's professionalism and dedication to successfully completing the transaction he was recognized as one of the First Class brokers that First Industrial dealt with in 2008. The First Class program designates the elite brokers of the industry, from across the nation, as professionals that others should strive to emulate. Chuck is exactly that, he handled all aspects of our transaction with diligence and patience, never allowing the transaction to get off track and keeping all the principals involved on task.
I can say, from having first hand experience, that Chuck is one of the brightest stars in the business and it would be a pleasure to work with him again in the future."
Mike Powers, Senior Principal at Molto Properties