Senior Vice President
License # SA540268000
As senior vice president for retail services with Colliers, Brian Woods specializes in leasing regional power centers and representing national retail tenants throughout Arizona. His knowledge of the Valley, coupled with his professionalism and ingrained ability to quickly understand a client’s needs, have translated to a formula for consistent success.
A Phoenix native, Brian is a third-generation commercial real estate broker, following grandfather Don Woods and father Tommy Woods.
Keeping integrity and character at the top of the priority list, his team has developed enduring relationships and established a strong reputation as industry leaders throughout the marketplace. By taking a personal interest in each and every client, Brian and Tom attempt to treat our clients’ investments as if they were their own. This approach of accountability has led to a proven track record of results.
Countless retail tenants have entrusted their team to handle their real estate requirements. Well-known developers and landlords frequently press them into service. Refer to their comprehensive client list below.
Prior to joining Colliers in 2003, Brian was an account executive for the Phoenix Coyotes Hockey Club, with responsibility for season ticket sales, luxury suite sales and account management.
Brian and his wife Anna are the parents of son Bo and daughter Maisy. They attend Highlands Church in Scottsdale and are ardent supporters of the Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center (SARRC), Compassion International, Hope & A Future, K-LOVE, and Brokers for Kids.
- 2019, 2018, 2017 – Nominated Best of NAIOP Retail Broker of the Year
- Promoted to Senior Vice President in 2016
- Successfully negotiated nearly 500 real estate transactions valued at approximately $600 million
- Successfully leased over 7.5 million square feet of retail and restaurant space
- Listed the first two Super-Target anchored power centers in the state of Arizona: Crossroads Towne Center and Gilbert Gateway Towne Center
- #1 Retail Broker: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- #1 Retail Team: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Top 5 Team: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2013
- Top 15 Producer (Individual): 2008, 2013, 2017, 2019
- Top 10 Team (National): 2009
- RED Award Nominee: 2016
- CoStar Power Broker: 2010, 2020
- Woods team named Brokers of the Month by Commercial Executive Magazine in 2009
- 2007 Retail Forecast was published by The Phoenix Business Journal
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Baylor University: Marketing Major, Dean's List, National Honor Society
- Arizona School of Real Estate and Business, Arizona State Salesperson's License
Memberships & Involvements
- ICSC- International Council of Shopping Centers
- ICSC - Former Next Generation State Co-Chair
- Colliers Western Regional Retail Leasing Steering Committee
- Colliers | Arizona Leadership Council
- Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center (SARRC)
- Compassion International
- Hope & A Future
Tenant clients have included Longhorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Village Inn, Applebee’s, Tuesday Morning, Michaels, Pier 1 Imports, Famous Footwear, Payless Shoesource, Sleep America, Destination Maternity, BJ’s Brewery, Burger King, Yamaha Music School, LensCrafters, Villa Sport, Mor Furniture, TCF Bank, Vitamin Shoppe, Gentle Dental, YC's Mongolian BBQ, Rack Attack, Sushiholic, Pet Supplies Plus, Old Chicago Pizza, Anytime Fitness, Service First Automotive, Dunkin' Donuts, Forefront Dermatology, Goldfish Swim School, AZ MediQuip, and uBreakiFix.
Developer and landlord clients have included Vestar Development, Sunbelt Holdings, Sunbelt Investment Holdings, The Barclay Group, Vertical Holdings, Wolford Development, TradeCor, Circle G Development, FERRADO, Cross Development, REBKEE, Sphinx Real Estate, Myron Zimmerman Investments, and Nexus Development.
"The Woods team has track record of more than 40 years representing tenants and landlords in the Valley. Their professionalism, experience and reputation in the market are invaluable assets. Brian and Tom continue to outperform our service expectations and have our complete trust." - Brandon Ghiossi, Leasing Manager, Lewis Retail.
"The energy of Brian on any assignment gets immediate, positive results." - David Larcher, Vestar Development
Senior Executive Vice President
As senior executive vice president for retail services with Colliers, Tom Woods specializes in leasing regional power centers, representing national retail tenants, and negotiating retail investment sales across Arizona.
He partners with his son Brian Woods. As a second generation commercial real estate broker, Tom previously partnered with his father Don Woods, who started in real estate in Phoenix in 1953. Landlords and tenants have entrusted Tom to handle their real estate needs for more than 45 years.
Keeping integrity and character at the top of the priority list, their team has developed enduring relationships and established a strong reputation as industry leaders throughout the marketplace. By taking a personal interest in each and every client, Tom and Brian attempt to treat their clients’ investments as if they were their own. This approach of accountability has led to a proven track record of results.
Countless retail tenants have entrusted them to meet their real estate requirements. Well-known developers and landlords frequently press their team into service. Refer to their comprehensive client list below.
Prior to joining Colliers in 1982, Tom was vice president of Don Woods & Associates Commercial Brokerage Company, specializing in neighborhood shopping center development and leasing and sales of investment income property.
He and his wife Debbie have three sons and attend Bethany Bible Church. Tom also organizes a men’s Bible study at DC Ranch. He and Debbie support the Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center (SAARC).
Senior Client Services Specialist
Sheila Merrell is the senior client services specialist for the retail services brokers, who specialize in the sale and leasing of retail properties, representing landlords, tenants and investors. Sheila manages all aspects of print and digital marketing, and transaction and due diligence services for the team.