Senior Vice President
Bob Westover serves as senior vice president and an economic incentives practice leader for Colliers International in Chicago. In his role, Bob works across North America to negotiate and secure local and state economic credits and incentives for our clients.
Prior to joining Colliers, Bob served as senior vice president at CresaPartners LLC. He joined Cresa in 2016 after spending over 11 years as director of economic development with the State of Illinois Department of Commerce, where his primary responsibilities were in business development, vetting all in-bound economic incentive requests for the legitimacy of each business case and determining the appropriate awards.
Prior to his time with the State of Illinois, he served as a director of corporate development for Steris Corporation, where he led a team in the assessment of potential corporate acquisitions, closing several global deals with a market value of over $500 million. He also worked at A.T. Kearney as an associate in the strategic services group.
- Guided several Fortune 1000 companies on location advisory projects including all facets of labor analytics, network optimization, and taxation profiles.
- Frequent presenter at conferences on national and economic trends, and the resultant impacts on corporate location decisions and taxation or economic incentive policies.
- Provided testimony to various legislative bodies regarding the efficacy of current economic incentives and opportunities to improve the appeal of those incentives to corporations.
- MBA, Finance & Corporate Strategy, University of Michigan
- BS, Business Administration, Miami University (Ohio)
Memberships & Involvements
- Registered CPA in Illinois
- Lobbyist in 3 states