Mr. Mathews has been involved in the leadership of Colliers Atlanta since 1993. Colliers Atlanta has 70 plus brokers, 280 employees and 107 million square feet under management, which generate over $3.3B in annual transaction volume from 11 service groups. Mr. Mathews’ commercial real estate brokerage experience spans over 30 years.
Upon graduation from The University of North Georgia, Mr. Mathews served six years in the US Army, completing his service as a Captain. He then joined Lendman Associates, a national personnel consulting and recruiting firm, and spent seven years culminating as Vice President, Northeast Region.
In 1984, Mr. Mathews took his consulting and service background into a commercial real estate career, beginning with Portman Barry Brokerage. Mr. Mathews joined Colliers in 1991 and was an office tenant rep broker and player/coach for over 28 years. He has been CEO | Atlanta since January 2004.
Mr. Mathews’ volunteer activities include serving as Member of the Board of Directors of the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, the Atlanta Police Foundation and the Midtown Alliance, and Trustee Emeritus of the Educational Foundation of the Atlanta Board of Realtors. Mr. Mathews is also the past President of the University of North Georgia (UNG) Alumni Association and currently serving as Chairman for the UNG Real Estate Foundation. In addition, Mr. Mathews is the past President of the Dunwoody High School Gridiron and Diamond Clubs, past President for 2 years (1995/1996) and Member of the Board of Directors of the Murphey Candler Little League (1986-97). Mr. Mathews and his wife, Joan, have three grown sons.
• 2016 Inductee into the inaugural Reserve Officers Training Corp (ROTC) Hall of Fame
• Silver Phoenix Award, Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors, 2012 (25 consecutive years in the Million Dollar Club)
• Realtor of the Year, Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors, 2009
• Colliers International-Tom Richardson Award, 2008 (Top Colliers Award for Service)
• Colliers International - Manager of the Year, 2002
• President of the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors, 2001
• President of the Georgia Chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), 1996
University of Southern California
Master of Science
North Georgia College and State University
Bachelor of Arts
Memberships & InvolvementsAtlanta Commercial Board of Realtors, SIOR
Macy’s, Icahn Enterprises, City of Dunwoody, Wachovia Securities