As a vice president with Colliers International, Bill Swirtz specializes in office, retail, multifamily and industrial properties, and land development, representing tenants, investors and owners in leasing and investment sales. Leveraging more than 35 years in executive leadership and brokerage, he carefully guide clients throughout the process of leasing, buying or selling properties.
Bill fully understands his clients’ needs and develop real estate strategies that align with their financial goals. With a thorough knowledge of market conditions and property fundamentals, he positions properties to increase liquidity and maximize value.
Clients benefit from his multi-market experience in real estate leasing and sales, property development, facilities management, architectural design, construction and project management.
Serving as a trusted advisor and confidant, Bill cultivates long-term client relationships built on mutual trust and respect. Clients and colleagues consider him to be a highly skilled professional, who is loyal, conscientious, steady and adaptable.
As a C-Level deal maker with more than 35 years of experience in high-profile executive leadership and brokerage, Bill has demonstrated success in creating sustainable revenue pipelines, growing market share, and maximizing operating margins and net income. Throughout his career, he has imbued organizations with a value-driven entrepreneurial zeal and bottom-line focus, which he carries through to guide his clients in making strategic real estate decisions.
Prior to joining Colliers, Bill was president of Swirtz Realty Advisors, LLC, focusing on brokerage, tenant services and real estate development in metro Phoenix. He provided real estate brokerage and consulting services to private equity clients, developers, REITs, insurance companies and institutional investors for national fast food company sites, national gas and oil company sites, retail development sites, and land leases.
Previously, Bill served as president and designated broker of Apollo Development Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Apollo Group, Inc., parent company of The University of Phoenix. As president, he directed site selection, lease administration, design and construction, process integration, and facility management. Bill designed and implemented comprehensive real estate models to align with corporate objectives. He also managed leasing and brokerage services for the parent company and all subsidiaries worldwide.
During his tenure at Apollo, Bill handled cumulative transactions of $1.5 billion in lease value. He generated significant profits on transactions, including a $20 million profit on the 600,000-square-foot Class A Riverpoint Office Complex and a $5 million profit on the acquisition and sale of a 75,000-square-foot building.
- Completed 450 lease transactions in 41 states and $2 billion in lease consideration
- Developed, leased and sold over 3 million square feet of office buildings in metro Phoenix
- Designed and negotiated 11 build-to-suit office properties in eight different states
- Most Influential People in AZ Commercial Real Estate in the Past 100 Years – AZRE Magazine
- Advocate of the Year Award – American Subcontractors Association
- Best of NAIOP Office Build-to-Suit of the Year Award
- Bachelor of Science Business Management, Arizona State University
- Associate Broker's License, Arizona Dept. of Real Estate
Memberships & Involvements
- Arizona Self-Storage Association (AZSA) member
- East Valley Women’s League participant
- East Valley Marine Corp supporter and contributor