License # 067085
As a commercial Realtor at Colliers, my focus is landlord/seller representation in the industrial, office, and land sectors. My formal training and professional career as a commercial landscape architect has provided me with a confident understanding in what lies under our work: the land itself. With that understanding, I can deliver the selling points and highlight the potential of a property to tenant/buyer prospects.
My background in understanding site feasibility, permitting, and entitlement requirements for commercial land development has proved to be a competitive advantage for both seller and developer clients.
My experience is leveraged by the team approach that Colliers implements on our assignments. I feel fortunate to work with other knowledgeable professionals who complement my abilities, allowing us to deliver best in class service.
I am grateful to be working and living in the beautiful seacoast area of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, with my wife and two beach loving children.
I am an associate broker in New Hampshire and Maine, as well as a licensed landscape architect in Maine (not practicing).
• Seacoast Commercial Leads - Founder and Chairman
• 2014 NHCIBOR "Investment Deal of the Year" for the sale of the 100,035± SF former Great Bay Community College’s Stratham campus
• 2014 Most Improved Associate - Colliers International | New Hampshire
• 2012 Newcomer of the Year - Colliers International | New Hampshire
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS AND PROJECTS
• Historic Downtown Mixed Use Building Sales | Represented the Seller in two investment sales including 9 waterfront apartment units, 3 retail units, an office unit, and a parking lot. Total consideration was $6.2M.
• Rye Airfield Skatepark Property | Sold 2 lots totaling over 27 acres and 61,659 SF of buildings for $6.1M to a single buyer.
• Private Investor | Represented the Buyer in a medical investment sale involving property leased by Catholic Medical Center with a total consideration of $4.7M.
• Tuscan Brands | Represented client in its purchase of the landmark Breaking New Grounds building in the heart of Market Square in Portsmouth, NH with a total consideration of $4.5M.
• Community College System of NH | Sold its 100,035 SF former Great Bay Community College building on 89.9 acres for $2.75M to an investor.
• Eversource | Sold 86 acres of developable land in 2 transactions. Sourced and assisted the Buyer of the inland parcels. Sourced Buyer for the waterfront parcels which is the last undeveloped deep-water access property in NH.
• Calamar Enterprises | Represented client in a land sale for one of NH’s largest independent senior living community projects for $920,000.
• Seacoast Media Group | Represented client in leasing 10,584 SF of office space in Portsmouth, NH to Convenient MD for its corporate office.
• Stanley Black & Decker | Represented client in leasing of 12,616 SF of office and lab space for Stanley Healthcare Group in Portsmouth, NH.
• Powerspan R&D | Sold the 18,938 SF corporate headquarters building.
• Litchfield Portsmouth, LLC | Represented client in the leasing of three industrial units totaling 19,005 SF in the span of six weeks.
• AP Derm | Represented client in leasing of 4,771 SF of medical office space in Portsmouth, NH.
• Cornell University, Ithaca, NY – Bachelor of Science
Memberships & Involvements
AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
• NH Commercial Investment Board of Realtors (NHCIBOR)
• New Hampshire Association of Realtors
• Maine Association of Realtors
• National Association of Realtors
• Appraisal Institute
• City of Portsmouth Business Retention and Expansion Program – Task Force Member
• City of Portsmouth Economic Development Commission – Member
• Seacoast Community School – Board of Directors & HOME Committee Chair
• NECPE – Board of Directors
- Convenient MD
- Community College System of New Hampshire
- Sam's Food Stores
- Sylvan Learning
- Prometric, Inc.
- Fidelity Investments
- Powerspan Corp.
- Allied Telesis
- Calamar Enterprises
- Collins Engineers
- Jewett Construction
- Seacoast Newspapers Inc.
- Jump On In
- Blue Seal
“Andy Ward first represented Tuscan Brands in the purchase of its downtown Portsmouth building in Market Square. We then hired him and his team to fill the space Tuscan Market vacated on Lafayette Road to move into its new downtown location. Andy, with his vast Colliers network, then secured two long term credit tenants to bring our Lafayette Road location up to full occupancy, positioning it for a successful investment sale in October 2022. Tuscan Brands appreciates Andy’s ability to leverage off market opportunities to create value for us and we look forward to continuing our relationship.”
“Renaissance Properties and the Kearsarge House have enjoyed nearly a decade long relationship with Colliers International and its predecessor companies. Andrew Ward and David Choate have been the exclusive leasing agents for the Kearsarge House and we are pleased to report that the building is 100% leased, to first quality tenants. We look forward to working with them into the future as leases turn over, and have them continue to represent our interests in a dedicated and professional manner.”
Roger K Tackeff, Chairman
Renaissance Properties, Inc
“If you are looking for commercial space in the Seacoast that is perfect for your business, Andy Ward at Colliers will really work to help you find the perfect location. We are chiropractors and moved from Seattle to Portsmouth. Andy worked with us while we commuted and even when we were on vacation abroad. When we looked at spaces, he was focused and asked the right questions. He found us the perfect space and really went above and beyond. Even now, a year later, Andy continues to check in. We highly recommend Andy to any business owner looking for new space.”
Mychal Beebe, DC, DCCJP & Tyler Evans, DC, DCCJP
"We engaged Colliers International to search for office space in Portsmouth, NH and Andrew Ward took the assignment. Andy listened closely to our requirements, took growth into account and arranged several options for us to visit. Once the property of choice was selected, his advice as a Tenant agent was invaluable. Andy Ward is a knowledgeable and courteous professional, one that we could easily recommend to anyone looking for commercial property in the Seacoast area!”
Paula Marchio, Director, N.A. Sales
"We chose Andrew Ward of Colliers International to market and sell our commercial property on Lafayette Road In North Hampton, NH. While the location on Route 1 was excellent, the former owner had neglected to keep up with maintenance creating a more challenging sale. Once the property was evaluated with a list of comparable properties established, a value was set and Andrew put together an excellent marketing package. He had a very appropriate, highly visible sign installed. The recommendations he made in reference to positioning the property were totally appropriate. He proactively marketed the property, directly outreaching prospects and kept us informed of all activity. Throughout the entire timeframe, we felt we were in very capable hands. He successfully coordinated the necessary inspections keeping track of key dates and kept the process rolling. Andrew developed a high activity level and created a multiple offer situation. This yielded the highest possible price with terms that met our needs. We highly recommend Andrew to anyone searching for a commercial realtor to sell property. He works in a very professional manner and has a wonderful personality to go with that."
Janet N. Carlson & William E. Carlson, Owners
I came to Colliers in 2022 after 18 years investing in and developing both residential and commercial real estate in Los Angeles. With my company ArtCraft Homes, I bought, renovated, and resold dozens of homes from luxury properties in the Hollywood Hills to starter bungalows in LA’s upwardly transitional neighborhoods. Expanding into commercial development, I converted eight light industrial warehouse properties into creative office, retail, and dining anchored by a ground-breaking restaurant and a popular brew-pub. From its inception to its execution, I oversaw all aspects including acquisitions, financing, construction, leasing, managing, and disposition. With my track record as a developer and from my experience working with LA’s brokerage community, I have the vision, creativity, scope of understanding, and know-how to help my clients achieve success with their projects in New England.
Despite many years on the West Coast and stints in London, Tokyo, Dusseldorf, and Guangzhou, China, New Hampshire’s Seacoast has always been my home-base where I have a large extended family, deep New England roots, and enjoy a lakeside camp in the Lakes Region which four generations of my family have enjoyed for over sixty years.
I am licensed to practice real estate in both New Hampshire and Maine.