Vice President | Brokerage
A 35 year veteran of the golf and hospitality industry, with a specialization in leisure properties (golf courses, marinas, ski resorts, campgrounds, bowling centers and hotels). A member of the Colliers Golf Brokerage & Advisory Services Group, and a recognized specialist in the turnaround of under performing and distressed assets. Allen is hands-on and results-oriented with extensive experience leading all facets of business/financial operations and development. He has successfully directing high-powered finance, accounting, and operational teams to achieve aggressive business goals. He is particularly effective at leveraging board/stakeholder relationships, system/process improvements, and negotiating to maximize performance and ROI across operations.
Allen is also the founder of The Golf Consultants, a boutique golf consulting and management firm with an unblemished record of successfully stabilizing and repositioning economically distressed golf properties. Prior to The Golf Consultants, Allen served as the Vice President for Gotham Golf Partners, where - in addition to managing multiple clubs - he orchestrated the acquisition of over $50 million in golf properties. His further professional background includes serving as the Employment and Club Relations Director for the Middle Atlantic Section of the PGA of America, as well as five years a property manager with the Billy Casper Golf organization. Allen is a featured speaker at Golf Trade Conferences, and hosts a weekly podcast - GolfTalk Live .
The Market Leader in the Business of Golf
Allen's successful background in the operation of highly profitable golf operations makes him sought after to provide effective consulting and interim management services. This unique understanding of golf operations is invaluable in developing exit strategies for existing course owners and negotiating with prosepcive buyers.
Sampling of Brokerage | Consulting | Management Success Stories
- Sold - Hopewell Valley Golf Club, Hopewell, New Jersey
- Sold - Pinelands Golf Course - Winslow, New Jersey
- Sold - Paupack Hills Golf & Country Club - Greentown, PA
- Sold - Scottish Heights Golf Club & Lodge - Brockport, PA
- Eagle Ridge Golf Club - increased revenue over $1,100,000 over a 24 month period.
- Yardley Country Club - increased EBITDA from ($115,876) to $427,320 in 18 months.
- LuLu Country Club - increased EBITDA from ($407,034) to $180,094 in 18 months.
- Hickory Valley Golf Club - increased revenue over $1,000,000 in a three year period.
- Crystal Lake Country Club - Increased EBITDA by $1,000,000 in the first year.
- Successful portfolio asset manager across multiple regions and municipalities
- Experienced administrator providing goals and direction to over 250+ field employees
- Financial Manager to three staff accountants and four bookkeepers over 27 owned assets auditing facility sales reports and historical financial data for preparation and distribution of financial documentation to senior management and investors
Business Administration - Graceland University, Lamoni, Iowa
Memberships & Involvements
Former Member of the PGA of America and a member of the National Golf Foundation
Textron Financial Corporation, Connect One Bank,
East Hempfield Township (PA), Pease Development Authority (NH), Town of South Hadley (MA)
Numerous Private Owners and Board of Directors
“The Town of South Hadley retained Allen DePuy to facilitate our issuance of a Golf Course Management Request for Proposal on our municipally owned property. Allen’s golf operations knowledge and network within the golf community proved invaluable for us to get the maximum exposure possible on the project. One of the benefits of using Allen is simply his industry view of golf. It is one thing to see what is happening at our municipal course and even possibly peak over the fence at some of our neighboring courses, but we did not and do not have the ability recognize trends in the industry or see innovations as quickly as someone like Allen will and make the adjustments to benefit from those trends. The Town values Allen’s insight to a level that we intend to retain him for ongoing services moving forward.” - Michael Sullivan – Town of South Hadley, Administrator
“Pease Development Authority first retained Allen DePuy over a decade ago to provide consulting services to our then financially challenged golf operation. Allen’s critical insights into our business allowed us to immediately become more profitable and competitive in our marketplace. So when the opportunity presented itself again to seek outside assistance, we again turned to Allen based on our positive past experience, and I feel comfortable recommending him to others as well.” - David Mullen, Executive Director, Pease Development Authority