Chicago corporate real estate advisers
Colliers International is the leader in global real estate services defined by our spirit of enterprise. Jack Rosenberg, a member of Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), and Fred Regnery are leaders in Colliers’ corporate real estate practice. Major consumer product companies hire Jack and Fred throughout the country to represent them on real estate transactions.
Though Jack Rosenberg and Fred Regnery are based in Chicago, their practice takes them throughout North America with completed transactions from Hawaii to North Carolina and many points in between.
Jack and Fred pride themselves in being the real estate advisers that listens and delivers. They aggressively represent their clients’ interests while maintaining a good working relationship with the parties on the other side of the transaction.
Case studies and client letters demonstrate Jack and Fred’s experience with many of Colliers' largest clients.
A lease is often the second largest expenditure for a business after payroll, so it must be more than a cost center. They strive to make your real estate a competitive advantage.
Jack and Fred work to understand your business strategy and competitors as well as the industry trends that influence how you select and use your space. These services include:
- Tenant representation
- Industry benchmarking
- Sale vs. lease analysis
- Lease negotiation and renewals
- Lease administration
- Site selection
- Property due diligence
- Highest and best use studies
- Relocation/consolidation analysis
- Construction management
Executive Vice President
Chicago - Rosemont
I am a principal of Colliers International specializing in site acquisition, leasing, sales and build-to-suits for industrial users and developers. As the national director of the Colliers Logistics and Transportation Solutions Group Steering Committee (L&T), we deliver focused solutions to the increased challenges of today’s global shipping and transportation community.
In the last five years, I have completed transactions totaling in excess of $300 million for clients like Best Buy, Bridgestone, Lawson Products, and Arvato Digital Services.
Other accomplishments include:
- Top 10% producer for all brokers in the Colliers Americas region
- Named Chicago Industrial Broker of the Year, 1999
Principal and Vice Chair
Chicago - Rosemont
Many of Colliers' largest clients, including Best Buy, ULTA, Bridgestone and KeHE Distributors, rely on my corporate real estate expertise. My team consists of professionals focusing on supply chain real estate. Areas of expertise include site selection, labor analytics, real estate capital markets, structuring and negotiation of lease and sale transactions, government incentives procurement, and construction procurement.
I am among the top annual producers across all of Colliers' service lines. For four consecutive years (2022-2019), I am one number top professional in North America across all business lines.
I hold position of Vice Chair, Principal at Colliers | Chicago and a leader in the firm’s national Logistics and Transportation group. In addition, I am a member of Colliers' Chicago-based Executive Committee, where I provide strategic direction for the continued growth and development of the Chicago office.
Executive Vice President
Chicago - Rosemont
Ned Frank is an Executive Vice President within the Industrial Advisory Group of Colliers in Chicago. He is responsible for representing corporations on their industrial real estate needs throughout North America with a focus in the Chicagoland area. Ned's expertise is within both lease and sale transactions including site selection, industrial development, zoning and entitlement, investment and capital procurement. This expertise helps companies to develop and execute real estate strategies that support their business goals.
Senior Director of Research
Chicago - Rosemont
For 16 years, Craig has closely tracked Chicago’s extensive industrial real estate market – the second largest in the United States. He has developed from the ground up or enhanced commercial real estate research departments at four firms, having spent his last eight years at Colliers, leading the company’s research department.
Craig and his team are responsible for managing Colliers’ proprietary internal database, which tracks inventory, contact, transaction, and comparable details among tens of thousands of buildings in Chicago’s market. This data is compiled into various reports, trend studies, in-depth analyses, and white papers referenced by a diverse group of clients including landlords, developers, and appraisers and is frequently featured in local and national news sources and industry publications.
A frequent contributor to new business pursuits and client market updates, the expert data and content assembled by Craig and his team are often regarded as industry leading.
Senior Director, Project Management
Chicago - Downtown
I began my career in construction, where I spent 15 years managing construction of commercial and industrial buildings. After witnessing several projects begin with bad information, unrealistic timelines and cost expectations that didn’t meet the market, I moved into project management to ensure my clients had an industry expert as their advocate. Today, I head Colliers' project management team in the Midwest.
My experience in design, construction and management of large portfolios of property helps ensure that the total real estate picture is considered in any transaction. My abilities range from strategic occupancy planning, to site analysis and selection, negotiation support, design, construction and move management. I have managed the selection, design and construction of more than 140 million square feet of real estate with total project values exceeding $2 billion. I have managed numerous types of projects including corporate headquarters, public buildings, redevelopment and repositioning of facilities, mission critical facilities, warehouse and industrial development, retail, multi-family, medical office and commercial interiors.
I work with senior management to understand their business goals and translate those into facility decisions that are completed on time and on budget while meeting the highest quality standards. I am the one constant from the concept through to occupancy and beyond.
Prior to joining Colliers, I founded and built the project management business unit at CB Richard Ellis and Equis. I am one of the pioneers of client oriented project management and help each client ensure they have an expert on their side during any facility project.
With a bachelor's degree in architecture, I have additional training through the Project Management Institute, Corenet Global and The United States Green Building Council.
Areas of expertise
Our areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Superior analytics, customized modeling
- Transaction execution with deeply managed process tools
- Strategy development and execution to set the right course
- Change management integration to improve business process
- Workplace performance improvement counseling
- Focus on how the real estate contributes to higher profits
- Property management
- Capital project management
- Asset acquisition and disposition
- Valuation, advisory, and appraisals
- Facilities management
- Colliers 360 – analytic dashboards
Awards and Recognitions
- Top Producers Colliers Chicago Region (2018, 2014, 2010)
- Largest Number of Consummated Transactions (2018, 2017, 2015, 2014)
- Colliers Everest Club (2010-2018)
- Winner, CoStar Power Broker (2010-2017)
- Winner, Everest Club Top Producers Award - Ranked #1 Chicago (2010, 2014-2017), #10 Colliers Americas Region (2015)
- Finalist, Colliers Pinnacle Award (2014)
- Winner, CoreNet Service Provider of the Year Award (2015)
- Finalist, Greater Chicago Food Depository Office Broker of the Year (2010-2014, 2017)
- Finalist, NAIOP Chicago Downtown and Suburban Office Broker Transaction of the Year (2010-2014)
- Finalist, NAIOP Mixed Use Development Project of the Year (2014)
Featured Headquarters Projects
- Arthur J. Gallagher, 485,000 SF - Itasca, IL
- Allstate Insurance, 400,000 SF - Northbrook, IL
- Bally Total Fitness, 44,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Peapod, 64,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Arjo Inc., 62,000 SF - Addison, IL
- Corix Group of Companies (Utilities Inc.), 27,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Nuveen Investments (TIAA), 200,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Charles Schwab & Co. (Regional HQ), 150,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Valspar Consumer, 60,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Convergint Technologies, 50,000 SF - Schaumburg, IL
- Crown Castle (Regional HQ), 48,000 SF - Downers Grove, IL
- Home Partners of America, 38,000 SF - Chicago, IL