Meet the Chicago Corporate Solutions Team
Our team has extensive experience in the areas of transaction management, lease administration and portfolio strategy, all tied together by a proven track record of exceeding client expectations and a technology platform. If you are seeking ways to increase profits and increase efficiencies, we can show you workplace strategies to enable those objectives.
Advocates for Your Profitability
To achieve optimal results, the Chicago Corporate Solutions Team gains a thorough understanding of your business; your exact space needs; and your specific expectations, goals, and challenges – a typical beginning in the real estate services industry. However, atypically, we bring together the best practices, tools, experience, and negotiating expertise of Colliers’ most practiced and talented tenant rep brokers to achieve your goals. By sharing the best-in-class thinking of our preeminent specialists from across the United States, we are better positioned to give you the highest quality advice and thus achieve the most advantageous results.
Chicago - Downtown
David Burden is one of the leading corporate real estate services transaction advisors in the US, a four time finalist for Chicago’s tenant rep broker of the year, and has achieved Colliers Chicago top producer four times since 2010 in a company with over 100 leading commercial brokers in the market.
David specializes in tenant representation for office, lab, industrial, retail, education and specialty facilities. He leads team of six professional who specialize in local brokerage and account portfolio management. They have completed thousands of transactions including renewals, new leases, build to suits, purchases and sales transactions.
David is a leader in several practice groups, including Financial & Insurance Services, Life Science Practice Group, and the Education Services Group. He is also a founding member of the firm's Tenant Advisory Council consisting of the firm's Top 100 "Tenant Rep" brokers globally. His comprehensive approach including assisting clients to identify an efficient space program; impartially survey all viable properties; tenaciously negotiating favorable terms; and procuring archiects, contractors and consultants for implementation. His team provides a one stop solutions for account management, lease administration, workplace strategy, labor analytics, capital markets, project management, and incentives procurement services.
Prior to joining Colliers in 2008, he worked in similar capacities at competitors CBRE and C&W. Earlier in his career, David also worked on Capitol Hill developing a specialty in economic incentives and later as a site selection consultant at Arthur Andersen LLP before earning his MBA and focusing on corporate real estate advisory and brokerage services.
David and wife Kristy met at the University of Illinois, married in 2001, and are blessed with three teenage sons.
Senior Vice President
Chicago - Downtown
As a senior vice president within the Corporate Solutions team, I am focused on tenant representation services in Colliers International’s Chicago office. I specialize in the optimization of a company's real estate holdings through workplace strategy development and implementation, site selection, property disposition and acquisition, financial analysis and modeling, deal negotiation and construction project management. My clientele and area of focus is primarily in the downtown Chicago marketplace.
I am a leader on a team committed to delivering comprehensive real estate solutions to some of Colliers' most valued customers.
I have been recognized for exceptional service and am just one of a few professionals nationwide selected to play an active role in a development council that is focused on creating workplace solutions to satisfy the evolving demands of technology, space compression and design preferences while satisfying a wide range of work activities.
My team received the Service Provider of the Year award at the 2015 CoreNet Global REAL Awards, which recognizes exceptional service delivery on a consistent basis while bringing innovative ideas to the table.
I joined the Colliers team in August 2012. My prior work experience involved working as an associate director at Newmark Knight Frank where I specialized in tenant representation and corporate advisory services. While there, I represented a diverse group of clients who provided real estate strategies ranging from acquisitions and dispositions to lease restructures and consolidations.
I previously served as an associate vice president at UGL Equis, where I provided tenant-focused commercial real estate advisory services.
Areas of expertise
Our areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Superior analytics, customized modeling
- Transaction execution with deeply managed process tools
- Strategy development and execution to set the right course
- Change management integration to improve business process
- Workplace performance improvement counseling
- Focus on how the real estate contributes to higher profits
- Property management
- Capital project management
- Asset acquisition and disposition
- Valuation, advisory, and appraisals
- Facilities management
- Colliers 360 – analytic dashboards
Awards and Recognitions
- Top Producers Colliers Chicago Region (2018, 2014, 2010)
- Largest Number of Consummated Transactions (2018, 2017, 2015, 2014)
- Colliers Everest Club (2010-2018)
- Winner, CoStar Power Broker (2010-2017)
- Winner, Everest Club Top Producers Award - Ranked #1 Chicago (2010, 2014-2017), #10 Colliers Americas Region (2015)
- Finalist, Colliers Pinnacle Award (2014)
- Winner, CoreNet Service Provider of the Year Award (2015)
- Finalist, Greater Chicago Food Depository Office Broker of the Year (2010-2014, 2017)
- Finalist, NAIOP Chicago Downtown and Suburban Office Broker Transaction of the Year (2010-2014)
- Finalist, NAIOP Mixed Use Development Project of the Year (2014)
Featured Headquarters Projects
- Arthur J. Gallagher, 485,000 SF - Itasca, IL
- Allstate Insurance, 400,000 SF - Northbrook, IL
- Bally Total Fitness, 44,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Peapod, 64,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Arjo Inc., 62,000 SF - Addison, IL
- Corix Group of Companies (Utilities Inc.), 27,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Nuveen Investments (TIAA), 200,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Charles Schwab & Co. (Regional HQ), 150,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Valspar Consumer, 60,000 SF - Chicago, IL
- Convergint Technologies, 50,000 SF - Schaumburg, IL
- Crown Castle (Regional HQ), 48,000 SF - Downers Grove, IL
- Home Partners of America, 38,000 SF - Chicago, IL
David Burden's corporate solutions team has completed 469 transactions in downtown Chicago, totaling more than 16.3 million square feet. About 60% of the transactions we complete are in Chicago and its suburbs. The other 40% are comprised of clients headquartered in the Chicago area who have satellite offices elsewhere.
Exemplary Experience in the City of Chicago