Untether your real estate portfolio
The future is about choice. Building deliberate real estate flexibility is key to enabling a nimble business strategy.
As the first global real estate service provider to launch an integrated flexible workspace business line that sits across all aspects of the sector, our flexible workspace consulting team partners with our network of 5,000+ local brokers globally to manage flexible workspace transactions. We specialise in insights and knowledge on the flexible workspace market and offer advisory, consultancy and transaction services for operators, occupiers and building owners.
Acting exclusively as an advisor with no competing flexible workspace product, Colliers’ agnostic approach to choosing an operator ensures our clients receive the best possible outcome.
Key drivers of workspace flexibility
Term & spatial flexibilityBuild operational flexibility into your real estate
SpeedSolve the most urgent requirements with the 'easy button'
CapitalAvoid upfront costs and only pay for the duration of your term
End-to-endOutsource delivery risk to third-party experts
EmployeeLeverage shared amenities to enhance the workspace experience
CostReduce space by building a more efficient footprint
Our Flexible Workspace services and technology
Global flex space market insights and solutions to help you find the best flex space on the market
The Colliers SmartFlex application provides a comprehensive database of flex space options across 90 global markets, with an innovative workflow manager that enables our experts to seamlessly facilitate client requests and find them the best flexible workspace on the market - enhancing our tenant advisory services in this fast-growth market sector.
Colliers SmartFlex was designed to deliver:
- Depth of search: A comprehensive, global, real-time database of flex space with pricing and unique market insights.
- Simplicity: A digital workflow manager to help complete a transaction, and negotiation process from start to finish, efficiently and effectively.
- Speed: Allow our flexible workspace experts to offer clients flex space alternatives based on their unique requirements, within hours.
Book flexible workspaces through an easy-to-navigate smartphone app
The Colliers Mobility Pass enables occupiers to supplement their owned and leased offices with a global network of over 5,000 on-demand, flexible spaces for one monthly price per employee.
The Colliers Mobility Program brings the simplicity of a single vendor solution to what is normally a complex operational and financial process.
Stay on top of the constant evolution of the flex landscape
We ensure clients stay current on the continuously evolving flex landscape and leverage the best portfolio solutions.
- Flex and Core Strategy: We help clients de-risk an office move or relocation, offering a range of flexible working options. For occupiers exploring large new office leases, we de-risk a relocation by bringing in an operator to enter a building together. Our clients take a hybrid of traditional office space with the landlord and a flexible agreement with the operator.
- Surplus Space Redeployment: We help clients explore savings opportunities for underutilised or unused space. We do this by selecting and partnering with a provider to takeover parts or whole sections of client’s office.
- By Request Turnkey Deals: For occupiers not satisfied with existing flex supply, we can advise on operator operators who will activate turnkey, flexible space on-demand in a building of the occupier’s choice.
We help our clients select the best flexible workspace operator to meet their individual needs, whether that is outsourcing all or a portion of their portfolio.
We support flexible workspace transactions for clients in need of:
- Coverage for smaller offices
- New market expansion
- Managing high growth
- Integrating mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Swing space
- Securing prime assets Innovation hubs
- Minimising capital outlay
- Lifting employee engagement
- Downsizing from unused space
- Managing the unexpected
Make informed decisions. Read the latest flexible workspace and office property reports, get essential market trends and projections.
Recommended news and insights
Recommended news and insights
Meet our Asia Pacific experts
Head of Tenant Advisory | Occupier Services
Simon Crouch is the head of of Tenant Advisory in Australia and has been with Colliers since 1996. Simon started his career in Office Leasing and changed roles to help establish Tenant Advisory Services at Colliers in 2006. When we started out our aim was to provide the highest quality impartial advice to tenants and to deliver bespoke accommodation strategies that would accelerate our clients business and that is what we have done since. Through employing best in class people with diverse skills our focus is always on holistic customer solutions and service excellence. Evidenced by our average client satisfaction score of 9.5/10 and our expanding services we deliver results that set us apart from our competitors.
Simon and his team has delivered some of the most complex assignments in the Australian market. Major recent accomplishments Simon has led include:
Nine Entertainment Co. in their pre-committment of 16,000sqm into North Sydney and subsequent expansion of 6,000sqm following a merger with Fairfax Media, Microsoft's Long Term Strategy and relocation of 10,500sqm in North Sydney, Norton Rose Fulbright's pre-committment of 10,000sqm into 60 Martin Place, Sydney and QBE's 12,000sqm pre-committment in Parramatta and 10,000sqm pre-committmnet in Sydney.
Head of Enterprise Clients | Occupier Services
Adam Raap is a committed real estate professional with over 19 years’ experience in the property industry. His market experience covers Australasia, the Middle East, India, Africa, and the Eastern Mediterranean, with a particular specialisation in:
- Account Management,
- Leasehold Acquisitions,
- Property Disposal (Strategy, Planning & Management)
- Strategic Portfolio Review,
- Lease Assessment & Restructure,
- Stakeholder Management,
- Flexible workspace; and
Currently appointed as the Head of Client Services, Occupier Services, Adam works closely across all aspects of Occupier Services including Tenant Advisory, Workplace Management Services and Corporate Solutions, to increase collaboration and client engagement.