Property markets continued to build on the recovery from Q3 as economies across the region gained momentum.
Most property markets in the Asia Pacific region ended a challenging year on the path to recovery, thanks to strong performances by the office, industrial and logistics segments.
Regional trends and report highlights for Asia Pacific:
- The South Korea property market was buoyed by the office segment, with the sale of Parc1 Tower II office building being the largest single transaction of the year
- Taiwan's management of COVID-19 aids markets, with commercial transaction volumes for 2020 reaching TWD143 billion (US$4.9 billion), the highest on record
- Activity ramps up in Singapore, amid renewed confidence among investors and developers
- India sees strong recovery across asset classes, with two large transactions in the office sector of over US$1 billion each
- E-commerce powers China markets with the online industry accounting for 88% of RMB6.5 billion (US$1 billion) transaction volumes in Beijing
- Economic rebound boosts investor confidence in Australia and New Zealand
Download the report below and contact Terence Tang and John Marasco for key trends and opportunities across Asia Pacific capital markets.