After four negative quarters, Slovenian GDP increased in the first quarter of 2021 and thus marked the beginning of the economic recovery. The commercial real estate investment transaction volume in H1 2021 exceeded €80 million and investor sentiment is more positive compared to 2020.
From the conducted research of the Slovenian real estate market, the following can be concluded:
- fundamentals of the office market in Ljubljana are solid and stable
- industrial and logistics sector has the most upside potential in development and investment activity
- essential goods stores and car-based retail park models proved to be more resilient
- two hotels in the late stage of construction will upgrade the diversity of accommodation stock in Ljubljana
- volume of transactions in the residential market, the most active real estate market in Slovenia, increased in H1 2021 compared to H1 2020, but downward pressure on prices is not expected until a significant stock comes to market