Investors should turn their focus on assets with long term growth drivers, such as CBD offices with redevelopment potential, high-specs space, logistics assets and shophouses.
- Total investment sales grew 25.8% QOQ and 47.9% YOY (ex-mergers and GLS) in Q1 2021;
- Q1 2021 commercial volumes grew 43.8% YOY, and 377% QOQ as investor confidence returns;
- Residential investment sales grew 12.9% QOQ and 154% YOY excluding GLS, with no GLS sales recorded in Q1 2021;
- Industrial investment sales jumped 141% QOQ in Q1 2021, boosted by a new 14-property fund and several light industrial transactions;
- Shophouse continued to see a buoyant investment volume in Q1 2021 of SGD134 million, reflecting a 93.0% YOY increase and a 53.6% QOQ decline.
Colliers Research reports improving investor sentiments and expects stronger sales in the coming quarters recovering to pre-Covid levels, supported by Singapore' safe-haven status, pro-business environment and economic growth.
Download Colliers' quarterly report on the real estate investment sales market in Singapore for Q1 2021 as we examine the latest shifting trends, with expert recommendations and outlook for real estate investors.
Read the press release here.