Our Colliers Experts discuss and update us on Singapore’s real estate investment performance in Q2 this year and its prospects. See what could be!
Listening time: 6 minutes
Colliers Singapore Property Insights podcast is our podcast series where Colliers Experts comment on the latest real estate news and provide their advice on how to maximise the potential of property.
We have published our Q2 2021 Investment quarterly report and have observed that despite the restrictions, total investment sales surged 86% QOQ in Q2 2021 as investors took a longer-term view in their real estate investments.
In this episode, we have Steven Tan, Executive Director of Investment Services and Ling Wei Kong, Senior Director of Capital Markets, to shed some light on the investment outlook in Singapore.
- As Singapore ramps up its vaccination program, we can expect a brighter outlook for investment sales over the next few years.
- With strong developer sales and a depleting pipeline, we expect private land sales via en bloc sales to recover this year.
- Singapore’s safe-haven status contributed to a surge in demand for good class bungalows and luxury residential markets and will continue to be one of the hot favourites among well-heeled investors and wealthy overseas buyers for trophy properties.
- Timing is everything! The high-end residential market is the sector to look out for as more wealth gradually enters Singapore.
For more insights and expert recommendations, please listen to the full Colliers Singapore Property Insights Podcast – episode 6 | Investment opportunities (6 minutes) below.
You may also like:
- Singapore property investment sales back to pre-Covid levels
- Real Estate Investment Strategies: A Tech-led Era in Asia
- A Brave New World: Investing Beyond the Momentary Squall
Contact our Colliers Editorial team here.