Managing Director | Asia
Capital Markets & Investment Services
License # CEA Registration No. R050592J
A veteran in the real estate industry, Terence has more than 30 years of experience in principal real estate investment management and advisory services. Over the years, he has undertaken more than 150 real estate transactions, with a combined value of over USD12 billion – spanning different sectors across Asia.
At Colliers, Terence helms the Capital Markets & Investment Services Asia business, which is made up of a team of more than 130 senior Investment Services executives across the region.
Prior to joining Colliers, Terence was with Invesco Real Estate Group, where he was the Head of China before relocating back to Singapore to assume the role of Head of Southeast Asia.
Before Invesco acquired the Asia Pacific real estate fund management platform of AIG in January 2011, Terence was the Managing Director of AIG Global Real Estate Group, overseeing the real estate business in Greater China.
Prior to AIG, Terence led deal sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, due diligence, and acquisition of deals in Asia for the Government Investment Corporation of Singapore (GIC) as Senior Vice President, Investment & Asset Management. He also led the Asia Assets Restructuring Group, overseeing and ensuring improved asset performance for various commercial buildings in Asia Pacific.
Terence was formerly the Head of China Investments with Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), where he was instrumental in setting up and heading the business unit. Earlier in his career, Terence was also the Managing Director of JLL Singapore before he left to join GIC Real Estate.
Terence is a frequent speaker at several real estate conferences, some of which include ANREV, Private Equity Real Estate (PERE) Asia Summit, China Global Real Estate Institute, Deutsche Bank Access China, Real Estate Investment World, and Vision Insights and Perspectives, among others.
Terence had, during his tenures with:
Invesco Real Estate
Led and executed the first investment in China by an Invesco Fund in a 50-50 joint venture for a residential site worth USD200 million in Changzhou, Zhejiang Province, China.
Secured a segregated real estate investment account for Invesco Europe with a Singapore-based investor – the first appointment by a Singapore-based investor for Invesco.
Secured the first third-party asset management appointment for a Singapore asset and increased the office’s assets under management from nil to USD250 million within two years.
AIG Global Real Estate
- Led the team to secure its first investment (a site in Guangdong for a commercial development with a buildable area of 140,000sq m), since the Group’s last acquisition in the 1980s.
Government Investment Corporation of Singapore (GIC)
Spearheaded the acquisition of a mixed commercial complex in Shinagawa, Tokyo worth USD500 million
Jones Lang LaSalle
- Achieved record revenue (completed transactions worth USD370 million) with the highest number of deals done within a year upon the establishment of an investment team in China.
General Manager Programme, Harvard Business School
BSc (Estate Management) (Hons), National University of Singapore
Dip (Investment), Singapore Institute of Banking and Finance
Memberships & Involvements
Harvard Business School Alumnus
Urban Land Institute (ULI) Singapore Executive Committee
APREA (Asia Pacific Real Estate Association) Membership and Events Committee
Some of Terence’s key clients include Alpha Investment Partners Limited, Angelo Gordon Asia Limited, ARA Asset Management Limited, Ascendas-Singbridge, Ayala International, BaoMetal Group, British Foreign and Commonwealth Office, CapitaLand Limited, City Developments Limited, DBS Bank, Far East Consortium, Far East Holdings, Grosvenor Estate, Hong Leong Holdings, ING Real Estate, Keppel Land Limited, LaSalle Investment Management, Lendlease, OCBC Bank, Pramerica, PGIM, SC Global, Shui On Land Limited, SOGO, Temasek Holdings and Tuan Sing Holdings, among others.
Asia Track Record Highlights
- Central Walk (Shenzhen, China) - USD985 million
- Shinagawa Eastside Complex (Tokyo, Japan) - USD500 million
- 78 Shenton Way (Singapore) - USD486 million
- Paragon by SOGO (Singapore) - USD460 million
- Liang Court (Singapore) - USD294 million
- Shanghai International Plaza (Shanghai, China) – USD251 million
- Forum Galleria (Singapore) – USD241 million
- Ocean Tower (Shanghai, China) – USD240 million
- Residential Site (Changzhou, China) – USD200 million
- Sembawang Shopping Centre (Singapore) – USD188 million
- Bay Hotel (Singapore) – USD171 million
- Silver Square (Shanghai, China) – USD153 million
- Royal Oaks (Singapore) – USD148 million
- Rivervale Mall (Singapore) – USD135 million
- One Golden Lane (London, England) – USD120 million